Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

05-06 rsx type s rear sway bar install problems

just wondering did anyone have problems installing a 05-06 dc5 type s rear sway bar? the end links are reversed? do i have to swap sides? or do i use the ep3 endlinks?

ep3 endlinks. are you installing it upside down? its a common mistake.

shit i need new ep3 endlinks then lol

i cant use the rsx type s end links? how to u remove them ? its like imposslbe lol

ephatch member
    Im not the best at explaning but basically you have to use a box wrench to loosen the nut on the endlink - dont turn it yet - put the correct allen wrench inside that and youll find this is how to remove the end links. I destroyed one of mine because I had no idea how to get them off either.

广州本田
    if the link is really stuck on there, there is nothing you can really do, you might end up rounding the allen key hole out. if it comes to that just take a cutting wheel to it and saw it off.

One trick is to douse those things in PB Blaster first. I do that for basically any under-body nuts and bolts, because shit just likes to rust under the car. :( Let it soak in for a few minutes first, then it's pretty much like Blindeye described.
    You need a 14mm open end/box wrench, and a 4.5mm allen key. (Was just under there re-lubing the sway bushings yesterday or I'd have no idea what sizes to use! )
    The allen fits in to the end of the threaded part and holds the bolt steady while you turn the nut with the box wrench.
    Once the nuts are off, you can just sort of pop the endlinks out of the sway bar and swivel them around to get them out of the way.
    As far as which endlinks to use, I'm pretty sure that either will work: EP3 or RSX.

ephatch member
    Might want to consider new/aftermarket endlinks. I heard a stiffer rear sway leads to snapped weak(er) OEM ones.

any onave pictures of this allen key thing? i want to put in the lower mileage dc5 rear end links its only has like 40000KM on it

Before the site crashed, someone had a pic of the RSX and EP3 endlinks side by side and the RSX ones were a touch longer.

The allen key method is pretty much guaranteed to strip unless they are really new and well maintained. The hole at the end of the threaded part is actually for an allen key but its probably all filled up with dirt etc. I used the wrench and locking needle nose pliers on the base method.
    Last edited by stealth; 09-18-2008 at 08:31 PM.

Here you go, the ep endlink is about .75" longer. I put rsx links on my 06 rsx sway and they broke in 2 weeks.
    Last edited by jeenyusss; 09-18-2008 at 08:38 PM.

My 2¢

If you handed me the bar, I couldn't tell you which way was up. Usually, you'll know if you installed it wrong because it bangs off either the trailing arm, or exhaust....wait I think it's the trailing arm...

Depending if your car is dropped, and what you use it for, will kinda decide what endlinks to use. I've used Corsport v2, and eventually they rattle. I heard hotchkiss is better, but I'm sure they rattle too. Any non-sealed endlink is going to rattle.

*deleted, The rsx are shorter*

A further note, the stock endlinks aren't really reusable. The crappy "hold this with an allen key while using a wrench method" is barely good enough to put them on, let alone take them off. If it's already starting to round the hole, don't bother going any further. Dremel it off, and get new ones. Hell, they shouldn't even sell the rear sway without new endlinks.

I've used anti-seize putting my rear ones on, and I'm sure they are just as bad.

Good luck.

Last edited by Drew1d; 03-26-2010 at 10:20 AM.

Just sayin, I'm still using the stock endlinks w/a Progress 24mm sway and tie bar combo on an HFP drop. They're still in good shape. I've taken them off/on a few times now, with no issues, when I've had to re-lube the sway bushings.
    If you use a little common sense and patience, the job should be pretty straightforward.
    Just sayin.

so is its not a good idea to use rsx links?

Quote Originally Posted by BeaterEP View Post
    Just sayin, I'm still using the stock endlinks w/a Progress 24mm sway and tie bar combo on an HFP drop. They're still in good shape. I've taken them off/on a few times now, with no issues, when I've had to re-lube the sway bushings.
    If you use a little common sense and patience, the job should be pretty straightforward.
    Just sayin.
    TX>NY Salted roads. FTL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information