Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tein Basic making sounds. Halp!

So today I pulled out to get gas and my suspension makes clunking sounds whenever there's a bump. It's not the normal THUD it sounds like something's loose and bouncing up and down when there's a bump. Someone help? I think I'm lowered 2" by the way without camber kit. Still waiting for it to come in the mail.

Is ur suspension blown? Should recheck everything if u were the one that installed it urself.

Do you have just the lowering springs with stock struts or what.

no they are full coilovers i had some guy come over and installed them last week. They're brand new. I reused the top hat like supposed to. Here are some pictures. I see that the spring is sitting on top of the rubber o-ring. Is that correct? Anyone help

That's just the front left by the way. It's getting dark and I have the weekend to fix it.

Are the locking perches loose?

I don't think they were. When I tried to unlock them it took a good amount of force. They were locked pretty tight.

Cant really tell my anything in the pics but do you know exactly where its coming from, front left and right or back left and right .

I just used my hands to bounce all 4 corners at a time. I only hear it from the front left. Really sounds like something's loose but when I jacked it up I found nothing loose.

My Tein basics make weird noise on bumps too. I think they're blown or something else is wrong with them, I'm replacing them soon just to be safe.

that's horrible. I just got this litterally 2 weeks ago and got them put on last week. They can't be blown. Do you have any pictures of them put together? I want to make sure they're install correctly but the instructions are pretty confusing. Can't be sure about the diagram.

If it is coming from the front left then just jack your car up and take it out and inspect it to see if you can see anything wrong.

had the same problem but turns out my ball joint was bad check the ball joint
    Last edited by talonXracer; 09-19-2008 at 08:06 AM.

First off, you need to determine what corner the sound is coming from. That will make it much easier to locate the problem.

One of the first things that comes to mind is this... Are the springs held up against the top hat at all times? Since its a single adjustable coilover (spring preload and ride height are adjusted simutaneusly) Im assuming they arent. In this case, when the suspension unloads, the top of the springs may become unseated. When the wheel clears the dip and starts to compress the suspension the spring will pop back onto the top seat which would produce the sound youre describing.

Thanks. The springs are held against the top hat at all times. This only happens on the left side though. Today I'm raising my car an inch just to try to make this go away. Hopefully raising the car and compressing the spring will make it sit firmer in case the spring was loose.

Sounds like the nut that connects the strut to the top hat may not be all the way seated. Look at the left side nut to see if its as far down as the right. I would try to tighten down the nut on the ground and with the car in the air.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information