Close

Thread: Injector size?

Injector size?

Plannin on puttin my greddy turbo on a k24a4 runnin 12-14 psi nd runnin 8psi daily. Anyone know what size injectors I would need?

I have a pretty much stock k24a1, a large turbo, and 577cc Bosch SRT-4 injectors, at 5200' above sea level. At 9psi, I'm hitting 90% duty cycle. It seems like the SRT-4 injectors don't flow as well as other injectors, RC injectors for example.
    I would guess at least 550s, but probably 650s - 750s would be best, since you plan on going as high as 14psi. 750s are still street-able, and shouldn't screw up your idle, provided you have a good tuner.

i just picked up some 650s for my greddy kit that i am hoping to throw on my k24a4 soon.

I got 1000s for my Peakboost setup although i should not boost over 12 psi... for the moment xD At least i have room to grow..

If you can wait a month or two, and you're looking to save some money, I'll be selling my 'jectors with pigtails when I get a re-tune. Real cheap.
    I've been sitting on some Injector Dynamics 1000s for a while.

Ill need them by mid april since thts when ill b gettin tuned

Something New.... mitchep3typer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tjs03si View Post
    Ill need them by mid april since thts when ill b gettin tuned
    Go to T1 race development's web site. You can get the best injector on the market. The Injector Dynamic 1000cc. You will never need another injector and the Id's are as good as oem if not better.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchep3typer View Post
    Go to T1 race development's web site. You can get the best injector on the market. The Injector Dynamic 1000cc. You will never need another injector and the Id's are as good as oem if not better.
    MitchEP3, are those the injectors that you've been using? I'm curious as to what duty cycle they are at on your tune...

Something New.... mitchep3typer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by groovezog View Post
    MitchEP3, are those the injectors that you've been using? I'm curious as to what duty cycle they are at on your tune...
    yes they are what I have been using since i have been on q16. My e85 set up was 1600cc precisions and and aem inj driver. It wasnt bad but I didnt need a 1600cc with q16. my buddy Jordan(hondatuner87) has the prototype 800CC I think, injector dynamics and he is almotor on e85 making 210+whp. The Injector dynamic is such a bad ass flowing injector it can be used for low whp set ups. On my set up right now I honestly have them almost maxed out at around 700whp, but for you the duty cycle wont be in the 90's like mine.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchep3typer View Post
    yes they are what I have been using since i have been on q16. My e85 set up was 1600cc precisions and and aem inj driver. It wasnt bad but I didnt need a 1600cc with q16. my buddy Jordan(hondatuner87) has the prototype 800CC I think, injector dynamics and he is almotor on e85 making 210+whp. The Injector dynamic is such a bad ass flowing injector it can be used for low whp set ups. On my set up right now I honestly have them almost maxed out at around 700whp, but for you the duty cycle wont be in the 90's like mine.
    I'm glad you have had a good experience with the ID1000s. People seem pretty stoked on them, and they come with a high recommendation. There is a video of, I think, the 2200s in a stock GSR, idling perfectly at an even AFR. That's what sold me.
    It should probably be added that you are (most likely) utilizing a return style fuel setup, with a fuel pressure regulator to increase pressure...
    I am still using the dead-head setup, or return-less setup, so my injectors aren't nearly as efficient as they could be.

Thread Information