Close

sponsor of the site integrictuner's Avatar

exhausting issue!!!!!

soooo when i got my car it had a ws2 exhaust on it, loved the exhaust part of the reason i bought the car. A couple months after i owned the car the exhaust started falling apart due to rust. i deceided to get a full stainless megan exhaust the oem style, so as not to be loud. got the axle back in a couple of days, was told the midpipe is on back order this was 5 months ago. did my research on ephatch found out i could get an rsx exhaust if i got a rsx down pipe, so i cancled the ep3 exhaust and ordered the rsx s exhaust which they had in stock. got the exhaust today opened it today and the midpipe flange is diffrent than the axleback flange. The axleback is donut flange and the midpipe is not, i would like to use the donut flange for flexability, and i dont want to weld it (defeats the purpose of stainless steal). just lookin for any kind of advice thanks in advance

cliff notes: The axleback is donut flange and the midpipe is not, i would like to use the donut flange for flexability, and i dont want to weld it (defeats the purpose of stainless steal).

Welding DOES NOT defeat the purpose of Stainless,,,,LOL

Simply have the correct flange welded on, and yes you can weld SS, I have done it for years. If you go to some halfassed shop they will not have the correct wire in their welder, so ask the shop if they use a SS wire to weld, if they dont have it then walk away.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

sponsor of the site integrictuner's Avatar
    thanks thats what i ment i dont have ss welding wire at my shop is that somthing that an exhaust shop commonly has?

Thread Information