Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    so far the only pulley I've found that I can use to replace the 3" tensioner pulley is a dayco one that is 2.75" but I don't think it is enough clearance. Looks like I'm just gonna order another manual tensioner if Moss still has'em

Quote Originally Posted by beechstreet View Post
    I took a shot at installing the OEM auto tensioner today. I had already shaved the restricting tab and had a large selection of belts to try.

Here are the shots of the restricting tab I shaved. The green box is where I did the shaving so it moves further. The 2nd picture shows how much further the arm moves now with the tab shaved down (those two green marks used to line up).

First problem I encountered was that the OEM tensioner prevented the supercharger from mounting up correctly. The neck of the JRSC was coming into contact with the tensioner so two cutting wheels later I had removed a large piece of the tensioner as seen in the pics below:

BEFORE

AFTER

How were some of you able to mount up the OEM tensioner and JRSC without cutting off that huge piece?

Now that everything lined up the next problem I had was that the JRSC pulley rubbed against the 3" OEM tensioner pulley. So now I need to see if any other k-motors have an OEM tensioner pulley that is smaller. Is the K20A2 OEM tensioner pulley a 2.5"? I know the one that Moss Motors sells for the A2 manual tensioner is a 2.5" but I'm looking for the OEM one. If I can't find one then I'm just gonna order another manual tensioner from Moss Motors.

Hope these pictures help somebody.
    what sc pulley are you running i heard some where you cant run the 4.0 because it will rub? im not sure though i could have mis read

Quote Originally Posted by Anubisx_13 View Post
    what sc pulley are you running i heard some where you cant run the 4.0 because it will rub? im not sure though i could have mis read
    I'm running the 3.8" SC pulley.

Now that everything lined up the next problem I had was that the JRSC pulley rubbed against the 3" OEM tensioner pulley. So now I need to see if any other k-motors have an OEM tensioner pulley that is smaller. Is the K20A2 OEM tensioner pulley a 2.5"? I know the one that Moss Motors sells for the A2 manual tensioner is a 2.5" but I'm looking for the OEM one. If I can't find one then I'm just gonna order another manual tensioner from Moss Motors.

I wonder if the next size smaller belt would help with this?

I wish somebody would engineer a gear and chain or a ribbed belt type setup for this thing and just have it run right off a modified crank pulley.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted-X View Post
    I wonder if the next size smaller belt would help with this?
    My personal problem is that the pulleys hit eachother without a belt being installed at all. If the tensioner pulley was a good half inch smaller in diameter, it might just work.

i didnt notch the green are like you did in ur pics. all i did was cut the mounting hole off for the ideler pulley. What size SC pulley are you using? Im on the 3.8 and and the tensioner pulley sits pretty close 2 it but its swing isnt long enough 2 hit it. Ive been running like this for a few months now on a 6 rib dayco with no belt slip

*edit* just seen above you have the 3.8 lol

My personal problem is that the pulleys hit eachother without a belt being installed at all. If the tensioner pulley was a good half inch smaller in diameter, it might just work.
    Did you ever get the auto tensioner to sit properly?

Did this ever get resolved? Does anyone know if the k20a alternator pulley is a different size than the k20a2/3 alternator pulley (dont have Chris' car handy to check)? Thats the only variable i can think that could exist.

The WP pulley is the same size, so is the AC pulley... if you are using the k20a3/k24a1 CP with a 3.8 and the alternator pulley is identical in size, then there should be clearance for the auto tensioner.

Quote Originally Posted by Anrasmor View Post
    Did you ever get the auto tensioner to sit properly?
    No, just haven't had the time to take another shot at it. I think the mistake I made was removing the restrictor tab (circled in green in first pics). I'm going to try and get my hands on another OEM auto tensioner and make a 2nd attempt when I have some free time.

No, just haven't had the time to take another shot at it. I think the mistake I made was removing the restrictor tab (circled in green in first pics). I'm going to try and get my hands on another OEM auto tensioner and make a 2nd attempt when I have some free time.
    I think Mugenreplica said he had an extra for ya. :P

Need more responses here. If anyone has a OEM auto tensioner they would like to sell LMK and I will buy it now. My belt slip issues are PISSING me off.

Hey all, made a quick "How To" for modding the OEM tensioner. Please let me know if I left anything out so I can edit it. THanks!
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum//showth...ioner-for-JRSC

Props^^^^^^

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information