Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

brake rotor options

its time to replace my f/r rotors. ive got new pads to go along with them (hawks hps) what are good rotors for dd/track? i was looking at these but am open to other suggestions and your experience with different rotors.

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...ar=&perfCode=S

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...ar=&perfCode=S
    **ep is 03 with stock 4 lug with 15" wheels :( **
    Last edited by the JigGa mAn; 03-29-2010 at 02:43 PM.

Get brembo blanks, have had very good luck with those. Get a big brake kit if you can afford it, rotora/ stop tech or brembo. Rotora kit retails for about 1300.

I had excellent results with dirt cheap AutoZone blanks.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Quote Originally Posted by salvatore View Post
    Get brembo blanks, have had very good luck with those. Get a big brake kit if you can afford it, rotora/ stop tech or brembo. Rotora kit retails for about 1300.
    not really interested in a bbk just yet, plus if i get a bbk id have to get bigger wheels

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    I had excellent results with dirt cheap AutoZone blanks.
    thank you kind sir, i was waiting for your reply! as well as the replies of others with knowledge on automotives and track experience

广州本田
    I'd get the cheaper one, all rotors are pretty much the same. Although the slotted might give you some positive benefits in dissipating heat, dust, water, and i believe also helps to de-glaze brake pads, but in the DD environment these factors wouldn't matter much.

Quote Originally Posted by ep_hatcher_510 View Post
    I'd get the cheaper one, all rotors are pretty much the same. Although the slotted might give you some positive benefits in dissipating heat, dust, water, and i believe also helps to de-glaze brake pads, but in the DD environment these factors wouldn't matter much.
    i thought the same too..till i read this
    http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=765187

good info!

I'm with Doug, AutoZone works well. Of the two you have posted the Centric looks like a fair price, the slotted ones are a waste of money IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid Moments View Post
    I'm with Doug, AutoZone works well. Of the two you have posted the Centric looks like a fair price, the slotted ones are a waste of money IMHO.
    ok good, these are the same replies from clubep3 as well...looks like we have a winner

All rotors are not the same lol. Thats like saying all cars are the same. Bring a set of cheapo rotors to track and after first corner they will be warped. Trust me. You get what you pay for, brembo blanks can take the abuse, cheapo rotors cannot. I say this cuz u mentioned track, if its just for daily driving get cheapos.

Stock aren't bad.

If you buy autozone make sure the clerk enters them in the computer...when I got mine they did not do that and now I cannot go exchange them under warranty since I cannot find the receipt!

Quote Originally Posted by the JigGa mAn View Post
    ok good, these are the same replies from clubep3 as well...looks like we have a winner
    I used to buy my rotors from Autozone but they don't have the correct size rotor for the 02-03 Si. The ones they sell are the same size as the 99-00 Si rear rotors. Napa sells the right size rear rotor for the 02-03 Si.

Rotors are pretty much all the same, they all do a good job. And ya you cant go wrong with just blank Autozone rotors. I had the autozone rotors on my ep before I swapped them out to what I have now but they did a good job. Now I have the Powerslot slotted rotors and they are great rotors to. So either way you cant go wrong.

All rotors are not the same lol. Thats like saying all cars are the same. Bring a set of cheapo rotors to track and after first corner they will be warped. Trust me. You get what you pay for, brembo blanks can take the abuse, cheapo rotors cannot. I say this cuz u mentioned track, if its just for daily driving get cheapos.

LOL, another warped rotor fantasy......
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

广州本田
    Have you even been to track to say this? And brake rotors do NOT warp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information