Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Depo Retrofitted with ctr LHD ... Very disappointing ... what to do now?

Well, I have an 02 ep3, and my stock headlights are cracked so i decided to do a retrofit. Well first, i was originally planed on buying the TSX clear lens projectors for 200$. However, i found a guy selling a ctr LHD projectors for 130. So being a cheap ass i said COOL ill go for that one since i thought they should be as good as the TSX projectors. I then bought the DEPO ctr replica headlights for 230 shipped. Then i bought the DIGITAL 55w hid kit d2s for it also.

Heres the CTR LHD projectors

Now here was the cool thing, the depo ctr rep is designed the SAME way as the real ctr.... they LITERALLY swap into place WITHOUT any mods!!

Ok, after i swapped everything in, no modding anything, glue it back together and put it on the car. The light output IS NOT GOOD... It doesnt do the HID kit justice.
    The cutoff is decent..... heres how it looked maybe 5 - 6 feet away.

(it looked bright there but its cause my garage is white so it looks brighter...

Heres how it looked in a no light maybe 20 feet away... (roughly..)
    ( only this one is taken by my phone)

VERY dim... theres like dark spot on the ground too....

Here's my gf tsx...

Its nothing compared to the tsx stock projectors.

Now question...
    1. Should i take out the projector len and use the DEPO one BUT use the ctr projector body AND cutoff shield? Cause when i looked at the lens of the DEPO one, its very clear... so im thinking it will increase output? Just want to see opinions before i tear apart the headlights again.

2. Any input of opinion on the ctr projectors is appreciated. I couldnt find anything on the ctr lhd projectors, everyone is either doing the tsx, of other kind of projectors.
    thanks
    Last edited by dohcep3; 03-30-2010 at 01:04 AM.

You bought RHD halogen CTR projectors. At least looks to be.
    Trash those.
    Open up headlights again, swap in TSX projectors.
    Use OEM TSX HID ballsts, ignitors.

Should look something like this.

DUDE!!!!

you have got to give me all the part numbers! PLEASE!!!!!!!
    I promise to be your BFF.

those are RHD halogen projectors dude.
    Ed~

Damn, i know.... I should have do the tsx projectors into the depo instead of buying the CTR LHD projectors.... I already swapped it in... lol damn its gonna cost me more money and time to redo it with a tsx projectors ... Oo wells. I swear i thought the ctr lhd projectors are the same as the tsx... thats why i bought it instead of the tsx ones.

i don't think they are exactly the same but close. go with the tsx projectors.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACURA...item45f1dce34f

google ZKW-R
    Last edited by oneglory; 03-30-2010 at 02:18 PM.
    Ed~

also,

I've dealt with these guys, they are pretty good:

http://store.theretrofitsource.com/p...57d63f18acbab2
    Ed~

Quote Originally Posted by dohcep3 View Post
    Damn, i know.... I should have do the tsx projectors into the depo instead of buying the CTR LHD projectors.... I already swapped it in... lol damn its gonna cost me more money and time to redo it with a tsx projectors ... Oo wells. I swear i thought the ctr lhd projectors are the same as the tsx... thats why i bought it instead of the tsx ones.
    the CTR LHD HID projector headlights use the same projectors as the TSX projector
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Quote Originally Posted by oneglory View Post
    also,

I've dealt with these guys, they are pretty good:

Would this kit work for my 04 si with depo headlights?

If you are using d2s then they are rhd hid ctr projectors. They are the same design as the tsx but with the exception that the cutoff is reversed. Another thing that I noticed was that the rotation is way off so if you didn't have any problem while retrofitting then it could mean that depo did a shit job with this batch of headlights mounting screws.

You could just use the projectors from the CTR (or Depos, they are still pretty damn good) and mod the cutoff shields from the Depos by sanding the passenger side shield down a bit. People on here have done this and it looks good if you don't want to spend more money.

Quote Originally Posted by bmyers4321 View Post
    Would this kit work for my 04 si with depo headlights?

they should, but you don't need the shrouds..call up and ask if they'll give you a price without the shrouds.
    Ed~

Quote Originally Posted by MOOGEN View Post
    If you are using d2s then they are rhd hid ctr projectors. They are the same design as the tsx but with the exception that the cutoff is reversed. Another thing that I noticed was that the rotation is way off so if you didn't have any problem while retrofitting then it could mean that depo did a shit job with this batch of headlights mounting screws.
    Hmmm really? I thought all oem hid projectors use d2s base. Well Im taking off the headlights this weekend and opening them up again, ill make sure to take detail pictures to show you guys.

What do you mean by rotation?

I didnt have any screw problem. I litterally bolt it right up, then aligned with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by thehulme View Post
    You could just use the projectors from the CTR (or Depos, they are still pretty damn good) and mod the cutoff shields from the Depos by sanding the passenger side shield down a bit. People on here have done this and it looks good if you don't want to spend more money.
    See, im pretty happy with the cutoff of the projectors (I didnt modify it at all, it looks exactly like the TSX shield except that its painted blue...) Im just not happy with the lighting output... It seems dimmer than the tsx projectors. Maybe the pictures cant really show what im talking about, but imagine this

tsx lighting output = 100%
    my ctr output = 70%

YES 70%!! I also have a 55w DIGITAL hid kit, and i tell you, it does not do the kit justice. My gf TSX is what only 35w stock right?

I was actually thinking about swapping in JUST the depo lens but use the ctr shield and the back part and see how it performs. Like i said, ill take more pictures this weekend.

light output sucks because you probably have halogen projectors.
    Ed~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information