VE3-B426-H0 right front
    BE5-B424 -HO rear
    ~$799

and

Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
    Drop: 1.0" front, 1.1" rear
    15-20% stiffer than stock
    ~$299

Is this a good combo? I dont want to slam the car. The drop seems perfect, technically speaking (not aesthetically ... cos I know dropping a MacPherson strut car is )

I want it to be trackable ^_^. From what I recall, Bilstein dampers are works of God. Can we get them custom valved for the Pro-Kit spring rates?

ephatch member
    for that price , ill get a Mugen SS

广州本田
    that sounds like a good setup, Bilsteins are one of the best, and yes you can get them re-valved.

heh i like reading all your threads cause you ask a lot of the Q's I've been thinking of. I'm in the same boat as you trying to pick my mods.

I've been thinking about that exact same combo myself actually. In the reviews on Tirerack that a lot of people actually run that combo with great results. I had read before the hatch crash that any spring used with Bilsteins should be pretty close to the stock spring rate, within 40lbs i think was the number. Eibach's are about 15-20% stiffer which puts them darn close to that number. Another thing to consider is how much drop they can handle. Again pre-crash i had read ~1'' was about as low as you'd want to go on Billie's (correct me if I'm wrong on both statements though), which would make Eibach springs a great choice.

One thing I would like mention though; I had asked the guys at Progress if their springs would work with Bilsteins to which they replied yes. Progress springs are lower and stiffer so I'm not so sure about this.

By the way, shop around some more for the Springs. I've seen them for ~$200 in a lot of places, check the vendors.

I've thought about the Mugens and they seem to be a great option, but they're a little harder to find. After you get a camber kit they'd be about $200 more.

Best of luck deciding!
    Last edited by 2k3hatchie; 03-30-2010 at 06:46 PM.

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Bilstein definitely puts out a better strut than Showa. Definitely go the Bilsteins, perhaps with the closest set of springs similar to Mugen SS.

ephatch member
    I wanted more then 1" , which is why I went for mugen ss. I did not need a camber kit. Although the price of mugen ss is now 1300 , used to be 1200 when i bought it. So yes , the setup you are thinking is a good route. 2k3hatchie is right, you can find the eiback for somewhere close to 200.

Right now I have D-specs with Progress springs and although this is supposed to be one of the more comfortable setups, I am not very satisfied with it.
    Do you guys think Bilsteins + prokit will provide more comfortable feel, similar to more expensive cars like BMW?
    Last edited by skoo74; 10-02-2008 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by &REY View Post
    Right now I have D-specs with Progress springs and although this is supposed to be one of the more comfortable setups, I am not very satisfied with it.
    Do you guys think Bilsteins + prokit will provide more comfortable feel, similar to more expensive cars like BMW?
    If you want a more expensive ride like a BMW then you need a more expensive car like a BMW! After driving my ep3, my wife's 328i w/ sport suspension feels like driving a boat. They're two different animals. You can't make a race horse out of a pig - but you might end up with a pretty fast pig...

ephatch member
    I have the d-spec with eibach pro kit and love it. i posted a little review about it just research Review: Eibach springs --- tokico d-spec

looks like I found what I'm lookin for :-)

Thread Information