Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    There were no slits on it. Just get the one on the part number on that video. Also the 3.8 will knock so i dont reccomend u seeing if it slips on ur last post. If anything since u know the guys at xenecron, get the belt i told u, bring it with u with the 3.8 pulley and change it at xenecron, it takes like 10 mins. You were in my car and my shit never slipped. The gates belt is the way to go with the 3.8. I tightened that shit once and that was only because of the first time it being on belts tend to stretch. Its a good belt man. Its noisy but i will take noise over performance anyday
    true, ill just do that then, or the night before just change it at home and baby it there if chris doesnt have the time to do it, he's hooking me up so i dont want to ask to much more of him ya know. We all went the the track last night and i drove my car, and it killed me that i couldnt run :(

bump for advice!

Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    oh and hey, i was reading your DIY on belt replacement, when to say you can twist slightly on the belt between the crank and a/c compressor, how much do you mean? i can easily twist mine straight up and down, basically at a 90 degree angle from its original point
    You definitely should not be able to twist the belt that much. With a long screwdriver or socket extension you should be able to push down on the belt on the longest section in between pulleys and get about 1/2" - 3/4" deflection. Take these "guesstimate" suggestions with a grain of salt. I have been using this technique for about 5 years and 40k+ miles and have never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyjew View Post
    You definitely should not be able to twist the belt that much. With a long screwdriver or socket extension you should be able to push down on the belt on the longest section in between pulleys and get about 1/2" - 3/4" deflection. Take these "guesstimate" suggestions with a grain of salt. I have been using this technique for about 5 years and 40k+ miles and have never had a problem.
    I have always sort of done the same thing. The fact is that even on the 4" pulley, the belt is a bit tighter than the belt is in stock form.

As far as the Gatorback belts tearing up with the 3.8" pulley, I have never had this issue. My friend had this issue on his RSX-S when he went to the 3.4" (7 PSI) pulley. It would shread an entire rib off as soon as he got into it. Unfortunately he totaled it before we could really figure out what was causing it, but the only two things I could surmise is that either the new s/c pulley was warped, or it was not lining up correctly with the other pulley's on the motor. The latter is my guess personally. The point is, if everything is correct and the s/c pulley is in good working order (i.e. correct dimensions, not warped, built correctly) then you should not tear up belts just by going to a smaller pulley.

well i put the 3.8 on, and im running on the basemap still, but i am barely seeing 8psi on the boost gauge :( if i do a second gear pull, which is over in a few seconds, car pulls very strong, the gauge will sit around 7.5 and fall off to 7, if i do a 3rd gear pull, it will creep to almost 8. WTF is going on here? i have no slippage and im getting tuned wednesday so im hoping that optimizing the cam tables will hopefully yeild some more boost, or just more consistent

someone helppp, colaborate please!

well i put the 3.8 on, and im running on the basemap still, but i am barely seeing 8psi on the boost gauge :( if i do a second gear pull, which is over in a few seconds, car pulls very strong, the gauge will sit around 7.5 and fall off to 7, if i do a 3rd gear pull, it will creep to almost 8. WTF is going on here? i have no slippage and im getting tuned wednesday so im hoping that optimizing the cam tables will hopefully yeild some more boost, or just more consistent
    I wouldn't use the gauge in this instance to tell whether or not the belt is slipping, use datalogs. Gauges are not always accurate and are more of a general guide than exact reading. If you are making 8 PSI on the 3.8" pulley, that would be about right if you have really good flow in and out. Just remember with the JRSC its not about max PSI, but making sure the PSI climbs to redline and doesn't drop off. (boost leak or belt slip). Datalog it and make sure the belt is not slipping, and if all is well, go ahead with the tune. A well flowing setup making 8 PSI max will make more power then a more restrictive flowing setup making 10 PSI with the roots blower.

Quote Originally Posted by BlownSi05 View Post
    I wouldn't use the gauge in this instance to tell whether or not the belt is slipping, use datalogs. Gauges are not always accurate and are more of a general guide than exact reading. If you are making 8 PSI on the 3.8" pulley, that would be about right if you have really good flow in and out. Just remember with the JRSC its not about max PSI, but making sure the PSI climbs to redline and doesn't drop off. (boost leak or belt slip). Datalog it and make sure the belt is not slipping, and if all is well, go ahead with the tune. A well flowing setup making 8 PSI max will make more power then a more restrictive flowing setup making 10 PSI with the roots blower.
    very good point, i have no way to log though :( i dont have a laptop, wednesday all the info will be translated, wether i have a leak, slip, or i have a good setup. who knows till then ya know. if we have a leak or a slip, chris will help me pinpoint it and hopefully we can fix the problem right there

very good point, i have no way to log though :( i dont have a laptop, wednesday all the info will be translated, wether i have a leak, slip, or i have a good setup. who knows till then ya know. if we have a leak or a slip, chris will help me pinpoint it and hopefully we can fix the problem right there
    Good deal man. Can't wait to see the results of the tunez

me neither, it pulls hard right now with just the 3.8 on the 4.0's basemap i know not safe but i couldnt resist. i cant imagine after the tune

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information