Close

Spoon Calipers installation HELP!!

Hello.. i just got me some spoon calipers for my 05 Ep3.. anyone know how to install them? looks like i need to do some kind of modification to it?? any help would be greatly appreciated.. and yes i did search.. but nothing!

pics?

what makes you think that you need to modifications to make them fit?

not sure if youll need to run bigger rims...or what..but im not sure if they are a direct replacement. no offense but you shoulda done some hw on this before you bought them..look before you leap

May wind Oct. rain
    I guess my write-up from 2005 is long gone LOL. Anyways, you have to modify the stock knuckle if you are still on the stock knuckle. Make sure the Spoon caliper bracket is DC5/AP1/EP3 and NOT DC5R. The modifying requires a drill and a metal drill bit (I forgot which size I used). You have to slightly open up the caliper bracket mounting location about 1-2 cm top and bottom evenly (or just one). Check the mounting locations to see if they mount up to the stock knuckle and recorrect if necessary. Make you sure you add the locking washers that came with the kit. Also, if you have the stock rotors, you have to upgrade to the DC5 Type S "size" rotors because our stock 10" rotors are too small. That's about it.

They fit 16.0" X 7.0" wheels with +40 offset (recalculate the measurements using this as the standard), which is almost the absolute minimum depending on how the wheels are manufactured. They also fit some 15" wheels with a few mm of clearance, which also depends on the type of wheels.

Thread Information