Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Contrary to belief

The HFP suspension kit is not that rare to find. I posted a thread a while back asking info on it and found out official info from the dealer. I found the suspension kit for 650 bucks thats including tax (jersey). Much cheaper than i thought. They also said it officially lowers the car 1". FYI

ephatch member
    By all means, dont tell us where you got it from..

who or whom ever stated that it's rare to find?
    a search could have given you the answer.
    the results of that search would have led you to do another search for cheap oem part suppliers.
    This would have made you open a new window in your web browser to see if those dealerships had it in stock and you could have compared prices to see who was cheaper.

Yeah thats what i was told the last post i put up i was like DAMN until i started calling dealers... Blindeye the honda dealer I'm gonna buy them from is "Honda autosport" on rt 22 bridgewater NJ.

ephatch member
    Not in the market for one - just got me a dc5r suspension for my ep3 but I figured it would help others looking for it.

Oh no! How are members that bought the suspension for $350 going to sell them at a premium now?
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

$650 is a damn good price. I'm going to start calling around to the dealers cause that's waaaaay less than the Bilstein/Eibach combo I was planning on.

isnt there a brand new HFP suspension in the classifieds
    PSN: theehuggybear

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    DC5R suspension is the best way to go for a DD IMO. I rode in an Ep3 with a DC5R suspension installed and it really responded and felt almost identical to my Mugen SS. Made me feel stupid for spending the cash on the Mugen SS (Other than bling appeal of course).

Yeah dudes definatly getting them next week. Now the other pain is the installation ...was reading its like 2-300 bucks for installation. Havent actually called for estimates just what i've read in from googling prices. DIY seems to complicated for me dont have tools like that. Anyone know what the average price a mechanic charges?

Quote Originally Posted by barcelon View Post
    Yeah dudes definatly getting them next week. Now the other pain is the installation ...was reading its like 2-300 bucks for installation. Havent actually called for estimates just what i've read in from googling prices. DIY seems to complicated for me dont have tools like that. Anyone know what the average price a mechanic charges?
    For the HFP, the install really isn't that hard. First of all, they come pre-assembled, no need to compress springs or anything painful like that.
    The hardest part is probably getting the lower ball joints out, and for that all you really need is a $25-$30 tool and some common sense. I'd just find a buddy locally and go to work some Saturday morning, it's pretty straightforward.
    And if all else fails, post up here and ask about any of the spots you might be stuck on, someone will chime in and give you some good advice.

PS:
    Back on topic, that's good to know. I think that's what I picked up my HFP kit for, and I friggin love it! Was worried what I was gonna do in a couple of years when I wear it out, maybe I can just pick up a replacement set now and hang on to it for a rainy day. :D

Quote Originally Posted by usedep3 View Post
    Oh no! How are members that bought the suspension for $350 going to sell them at a premium now?
    shit, i got mine for $270
    Ed~

Quote Originally Posted by oneglory View Post
    wanna sell it to me ?

Quote Originally Posted by oneglory View Post
    Woah woah woah each one or the whole set???? If the whole set where did you get this awesome price?????!!!!! were they new?

Quote Originally Posted by barcelon View Post
    Woah woah woah each one or the whole set???? If the whole set where did you get this awesome price?????!!!!! were they new?
    it was last year when somebody on here found them on ebay for $270/set BNIB. I bought the first set and about 10 people followed.
    Ed~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information