Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What Gauges do I need for turbo?

Greetings.. These days I make my EP turbo,so I want to know what kind of gauge do I need for run safe my EP..I want installs two gauge..Thanks for your advise..!!

I have boost and air fuel...

on the nissan, i have boost/egt/oil pressure
    EPHATCH.COM 4 LYFE!! OFF THA CHAIN KREW #1

udontknowjack's mom was here....twice!

UPDATED SITE INFO!

Want to become a Site Sponsor? Click Here!

PM for HELP!!

Something New.... mitchep3typer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hondero69 View Post
    Greetings.. These days I make my EP turbo,so I want to know what kind of gauge do I need for run safe my EP..I want installs two gauge..Thanks for your advise..!!
    Electronic boost gauge, electronic fuel psi gauge, and ngk afx, or innovative air fuel ratio gauge.

ok electronic boost and electronic air fuel..what brand do you recommend and where i could get? thanks

ok electronic boost and electronic air fuel..what brand do you recommend and where i could get? thanks
    I have the greddy boost and fuel in the electric, they have been installed for almost 3 yrs, maybe 10-13kmiles.... seem to work great and very easy to install. Just remember you get what you pay for when it comes to race items.

Greddy that's my currently turbo kit..sound good for me

Greddy that's my currently turbo kit..sound good for me
    Installing the boost is super easy you just wire the positve to a switched with key power source and the ground to the frame/dash/body. The little black box with the nimmple on it just gets a small vaccum hose vip tied on to it going to the vaccum block that is getting a reading from the manifold/throttle body spacer. The fuel you can use the same power source as the boost inside the car or a different switched 12v source. The thing about the fuel is its super easy is you have a aftermarket fuel regulator with a return line fuel set up because the greddy fuel psi sensor will screw right in the side of it like mine is. So IF no return line then I think you can get aftermarket fuel rail with your new injectors and make sure it has or drill and tap a spot for your sensor to get a reading from.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchep3typer View Post
    Installing the boost is super easy you just wire the positve to a switched with key power source and the ground to the frame/dash/body. The little black box with the nimmple on it just gets a small vaccum hose vip tied on to it going to the vaccum block that is getting a reading from the manifold/throttle body spacer. The fuel you can use the same power source as the boost inside the car or a different switched 12v source. The thing about the fuel is its super easy is you have a aftermarket fuel regulator with a return line fuel set up because the greddy fuel psi sensor will screw right in the side of it like mine is. So IF no return line then I think you can get aftermarket fuel rail with your new injectors and make sure it has or drill and tap a spot for your sensor to get a reading from.
    I think I don't have problem with boost gauge but for the fuel gauge I don't have aftermarker fuel regulator,I running Rc 440 inyectors with stock rail,due to this car is for daily driver my goal is 10psi so can I get electronic fuel gauge with stock rail?

I think I don't have problem with boost gauge but for the fuel gauge I don't have aftermarker fuel regulator,I running Rc 440 inyectors with stock rail,due to this car is for daily driver my goal is 10psi so can I get electronic fuel gauge with stock rail?
    Im not sure where you would tap into safely for the psi reading unles they sell a fuel rail with the spot for it. Maybe someone with a non return line system will chime in.

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    im going to be using the Tunerview.. goes perfect if u have kpro

To use the stock rail and an FP gauge you will have to make a new fuel line from fire wall to rail with earls or some other brand fuel line clips for a GM. You can T into the new line for the sender. OR you can get an aftermarket rail. The price between the two will be pretty close.

Why use a Electronic boost gauge vs a mechanic one? I mean its not like oil or fuel wich can destroy your interior.. Would it be more accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by babine View Post
    Why use a Electronic boost gauge vs a mechanic one? I mean its not like oil or fuel wich can destroy your interior.. Would it be more accurate?
    I have used the mechanical autometer typer for my first 2 yrs being boosted I think. I hated it I think its junk. Having a small air line that is easily kinked/messed up in many easy ways is pure crap in my eyes. Compared to spending just a little more and getting a 100% accurate reading because the actual sender is most of the time only inches away from the boost source with a very very short line. So there is much less room for error. No need to go back in time for older technology when new is not much more.
    As far as the fuel sender sensor for the fuel psi gauge I would say the easiest pure plug and play set up for only spending roughly 100.00 is to do the fuel rail. It should take you 1 hr milking the clock to take an oe rail off and install a new aftermarket. If your an experienced mechanic maybe 10-20 min.
    Last edited by HenHouseSuprise; 09-22-2008 at 05:13 PM. Reason: que maricons

Ok I get it :D thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by mitchep3typer View Post
    No need to go back in time for older technology when new is not much more.
    As far as the fuel sender sensor for the fuel psi gauge I would say the easiest pure plug and play set up for only spending roughly 100.00 is to do the fuel rail. It should take you 1 hr milking the clock to take an oe rail off and install a new aftermarket. If your an experienced mechanic maybe 10-20 min.
    I agree and more when investing over $5k in a turbo kit..I want the best for my EP...ok guys what fuel rail do you recommend?mitchep3typer congratulations for big numbers in your EP.
    Last edited by hondero69; 04-05-2010 at 07:17 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information