Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I did mine couple months ago. It only took 30 minutes. No cutting. Easy enough.

seriously, 50-60lbs??? I weighed mine seats only + seatbelts + brackets, I only reduced about 20 something pounds? my jack & spare is < 20lbs. Is 05's seat heavier than the 02's??? what am I doing wrong here...

***UPDATE*** I FINNALY got the time to "properly" weight these crap peices... Yet I gained 5lb, now im 180... 180+the left rear (closest to the door) backseat=207...rounding it to 200... next 180+the right rear backseat along with the bottem "ass" part=214...rounding that to 210...SO...so far 20lb+30lb=50... OK, NOW like I said this is for a 05'... take that 50lb and now add your oem jack (my did not come with one when I got it) =60lb (if I didnt round it), THEN take your spare tire (AGAIN my did not come with one when I got it)...60+ lets say 20lb(05' is 5 luged so more weight)=80lb... NOW that is some WEIGHT reduction, give or take 10lbs, ***I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW THE DIFFERNCE ON A 02'-03'*** **** *** ** *IM not saidisfyed with that... JUST TODAY I got my passenger seat out, now more MATH...80+50lb(passenger)=130lb... .. . HOLLY SHIT "STAGE ONE WEIGHT REDUCTION COMPLETE! ***soon to come REAR/FRONT STRUTBAT DIY***

Do we have to take out the entire seat in order to get access to fuel pump? I need to replAce my fuel pump.

Quote Originally Posted by mangvue05si View Post
    ***UPDATE*** I FINNALY got the time to "properly" weight these crap peices... Yet I gained 5lb, now im 180... 180+the left rear (closest to the door) backseat=207...rounding it to 200... next 180+the right rear backseat along with the bottem "ass" part=214...rounding that to 210...SO...so far 20lb+30lb=50... OK, NOW like I said this is for a 05'... take that 50lb and now add your oem jack (my did not come with one when I got it) =60lb (if I didnt round it), THEN take your spare tire (AGAIN my did not come with one when I got it)...60+ lets say 20lb(05' is 5 luged so more weight)=80lb... NOW that is some WEIGHT reduction, give or take 10lbs, ***I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW THE DIFFERNCE ON A 02'-03'*** **** *** ** *IM not saidisfyed with that... JUST TODAY I got my passenger seat out, now more MATH...80+50lb(passenger)=130lb... .. . HOLLY SHIT "STAGE ONE WEIGHT REDUCTION COMPLETE! ***soon to come REAR/FRONT STRUTBAT DIY***
    does this throw off the weight distribution to the car? and will it affect the way it handles?
    i'm just thinking trucks always put sandbags in the flatbed to keep the rear down in the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by r6punk View Post
    does this throw off the weight distribution to the car? and will it affect the way it handles?
    i'm just thinking trucks always put sandbags in the flatbed to keep the rear down in the snow.
    it will affect the handling. when doing weight reduction on the back of the car, you have to tune your suspension!

Quote Originally Posted by r6punk View Post

Cause trucks are RWD.........

Quote Originally Posted by usedep3 View Post
    emailed stock interior.com they make all they're carpets to order, they would be willing to add up to 3 extra feet worth of carpet in the rear to cover the fuel pump and the rear exposed by the rear seat. they didn't say how much it would cost though..
    Someone do this and let us know how it is!!!!

I know when me and my friend were autocrossing last season (our first season so I'm not even gonna pretend I'm an expert) we tried with and without our rear seats. He drives an EM2 I drive an EP3. Although we were lighter, our cars are so front heavy to begin with that they handled noticably worse without the back seats. Like speedking604 said,
    you have to tune your suspension!
    Maybe we could get away with just stiffer dampening settings in the rear but I think you would need different spring rates altogether. What worked best for us was just lowering the seat backs so all the weight was lower in the car.

FWIW I also created a semi-illustrated DIY for removing the rear seats. The DIYs I found online were either missing pictures or rushing the steps. It's not terribly complicated. But in case anyone needs it, here it is:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...20diy%20v2.pdf

I weighed the 2 seatbacks and they came to a total of about 37 pounds (25 + 12).

Quote Originally Posted by ragebomb View Post
    FWIW I also created a semi-illustrated DIY for removing the rear seats. The DIYs I found online were either missing pictures or rushing the steps. It's not terribly complicated. But in case anyone needs it, here it is:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...20diy%20v1.pdf

I weighed the 2 seatbacks and they came to a total of about 37 pounds (25 + 12).
    Weight savings isn't worth the trouble IMO. I've had mine out for years, hate the extra noise. Reinstalling these because I have a daughter and Im tired of being stuck in the house with her when her mother isn't home lol. Thanks for posting the pdf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information