Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kraftwerks SC

Kraftwerks SC

Anyone running this setup? Im thinking of selling my JRSC and getting a rotex...

Just so you understand this is not a bolt on kit. What they sell you is a bracket setup that goes in place of your a/c and then you have to sort out the intercooler and other charge piping yourself.

Also, the S2k's are having "impeller destruction" issue's at high RPM's. Careful, and do tons of research first.

Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid Moments View Post
    Just so you understand this is not a bolt on kit. What they sell you is a bracket setup that goes in place of your a/c and then you have to sort out the intercooler and other charge piping yourself.
    oh i know, im not scared of minor fab work.

Those ones with the impeller destruction.. Are they using the right size pulley? This is the first I've heard of the problem with the rotrex.

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Do it man. You'll not regret the loss of VERY low end of the extreme (turbo) pull of "high end" that the Rotrex creates. Check out www.civictype-r.co.uk to see the comprisons.

dew it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Goodsnacks View Post
    Those ones with the impeller destruction.. Are they using the right size pulley? This is the first I've heard of the problem with the rotrex.
    Not sure what the situation was. Though it happened to him TWICE. Also, this person is a great tuner and knows his stuff. I don't think he would install anything not suitable. Besides, these things don't come out until it happens to you. Just like nobody knew the '05 JRSC wasn't CARB legal until I got a state referee ticket. Companies don't broadcast the faults in their products, they just sell it to you and let you deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jeenyusss View Post
    dew it!!!
    I agree do it. Let us know how "reliable" it is. Happy R&D'ing!

Christian

The rotrex sc is really nice, speaking from experience you will love it.

Legendary Ephatcher ep3moschini's Avatar
    there was a guy at the track on sunday with a rotrex on a k20a doing 480whp and running consistant 11.5's in an eg hatch

1967 Firebird. . . Yeah its alright

Legendary Ephatcher

Legendary Ephatcher ep3moschini's Avatar

1967 Firebird. . . Yeah its alright

Legendary Ephatcher

damn. looks like i need to start saving some coin.

Quote Originally Posted by HondaFreak View Post
    Also, the S2k's are having "impeller destruction" issue's at high RPM's. Careful, and do tons of research first.

Christian
    Not sure where you get your information from but this is a bit far fetched. I work with Oscar Jackson and Oscar Jackson Jr Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm and I have not heard of this at all. Oscar Jackson Jr is in charge of Sales and Customer Service and sits two cubicles away from my desk. The only bitching and complaining I have heard from late is the delay in getting our Rotrex Units from Denmark with all this volcano eruption drama going around in Europe.

This sounds like the BS speculation that comes from S2Ki. If you are talking about the guy I think you are talking about he sent his supercharger in to get looked at because he said it was smoking after he sprayed water on the supercharger unit. Unfortunately science would call that so-called "smoke" steam. The same thing happens when you pull into a do-it yourself car wash and get water on the brake rotors. Superchargers get hot and if you spray water on it, guess what? You get steam but I guess people who don't know any better could interpret that as smoke. If this is the same person then this would be more of a case of user error than anything else.
    FUNCTION > FORM www.autolife.tv

Quote Originally Posted by HondaFreak View Post
    Not sure what the situation was. Though it happened to him TWICE. Also, this person is a great tuner and knows his stuff. I don't think he would install anything not suitable. Besides, these things don't come out until it happens to you. Just like nobody knew the '05 JRSC wasn't CARB legal until I got a state referee ticket. Companies don't broadcast the faults in their products, they just sell it to you and let you deal with it.
    That must be why Kraftwerks offers a three year warranty. To sell it to you and then let you "deal with it", or in better words enjoy it, for at least three years.
    FUNCTION > FORM www.autolife.tv

Is the guy with the problems with his Rotrex on this site? I'd like to hear the story first hand.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information