Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kraftwerks SC

let me correct that whp its only 360 whp.....
    Quote Originally Posted by ep3moschini View Post
    there was a guy at the track on sunday with a rotrex on a k20a doing 480whp and running consistant 11.5's in an eg hatch

papaya eg with kraftwerks sc

^ nice!
    Last edited by hoogen; 01-02-2009 at 09:29 AM. Reason: youra edit
    FUNCTION > FORM www.autolife.tv

i just want to know when we are going to get a kit for are cars that dont require you to remove the A/C. it gets hot in south Florida..

Quote Originally Posted by chinoman44 View Post
    i just want to know when we are going to get a kit for are cars that dont require you to remove the A/C. it gets hot in south Florida..
    If it's not worth it to drop your AC in exchange for the power, then you don't want it bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by robhep3 View Post
    If it's not worth it to drop your AC in exchange for the power, then you don't want it bad enough.
    so i guess the s2k guess dont want the power or the honda fit since they get to keep there A/C and not us.

Maybe there's a way to relocate the a/c possibly? Or something along those lines... Can the A/C be relocated to where the idler pulley is? Or is it too big?

Quote Originally Posted by Goodsnacks View Post
    Maybe there's a way to relocate the a/c possibly? Or something along those lines... Can the A/C be relocated to where the idler pulley is? Or is it too big?
    That will be way too much work. I mean you could do it but just thinking about the amount of work and custom fabrication necessary to do so is mind boggling. The Kraftwerks 06+ Civic Si kit is due late in the year and once that goes into production, and knowing how K engines are similar in configuration, we will see what parts can transfer over to other applications. The only real issue is engine compartment clearance and whether or not the plumbing, brackets, and what not will have enough clearance. All I know is that the RSX guys will have to cut a hole in their hood like we did on the Hondata RSX if they want to keep their A/C. Hopefully this will not be the case for the EP3 (fingers crossed).

There's always the TTS rotrex kit...

whats the TTS rotex kit?

The TTS Kit for the EP3 does make great power and does allow for the retention of the factory A/C but keep in mind two things:

1) That kit was specifically designed for the UKDM Civic Type R (K20A2), USDM K20A3 owners will NOT see the same numbers advertised.

2) You will pay a premium for it.

List price for the base Stage 1 is 2500 GB = $3625 US Dollars, Stage 2 + 3 Kits list for 3500 GB = $5,075 US Dollars

AND you still have to provide your own K-Pro (about $1000 US)

AND you still have to get it tuned ($300 +)

Quote Originally Posted by chinoman44 View Post
    whats the TTS rotex kit?
    Just like Kraftwerks is the official US Distributor for Rotrex in terms of Import Car Applications, TTS is the UK Distributor. Going further Power Enterprise is the JDM Distributor for Rotrex. Check out the official Rotrex site and their list of aftermarket car applications: http://www.rotrex.com/Home/Superchar...Kits_Cars.aspx .

Quote Originally Posted by Jiyakku2 View Post
    That will be way too much work. I mean you could do it but just thinking about the amount of work and custom fabrication necessary to do so is mind boggling. The Kraftwerks 06+ Civic Si kit is due late in the year and once that goes into production, and knowing how K engines are similar in configuration, we will see what parts can transfer over to other applications. The only real issue is engine compartment clearance and whether or not the plumbing, brackets, and what not will have enough clearance. All I know is that the RSX guys will have to cut a hole in their hood like we did on the Hondata RSX if they want to keep their A/C. Hopefully this will not be the case for the EP3 (fingers crossed).
    Thats still in the works? Sure been a long time comming.

One cool duck, with a hat Heitzke's Avatar
    I mean, the basic K-series racekit is $2,700 and it doesn't come with any piping, intercooler, management, etc.

The TTS Kit for the EP3 does make great power and does allow for the retention of the factory A/C but keep in mind two things:

1) That kit was specifically designed for the UKDM Civic Type R (K20A2), USDM K20A3 owners will NOT see the same numbers advertised.

List price for the base Stage 1 is 2500 GB = $3625 US Dollars, Stage 2 + 3 Kits list for 3500 GB = $5,075 US Dollars

AND you still have to provide your own K-Pro (about $1000 US)

AND you still have to get it tuned ($300 +)

Just like Kraftwerks is the official US Distributor for Rotrex in terms of Import Car Applications, TTS is the UK Distributor. Going further Power Enterprise is the JDM Distributor for Rotrex. Check out the official Rotrex site and their list of aftermarket car applications: http://www.rotrex.com/Home/Superchar...Kits_Cars.aspx .
    I am going to go with the Kraftwerks one myself, but your right, downside on the TTS is the cost, but the plus side is that you get everything you need in the TTS kit.. Besides kpro.

Here is an EG from K20a with the SC installed. The problem for us ep3's we don't get that much room!

What Do you guys think? Get an intercooler with left and right input/ output and Cut a hole next to the subframe into the radiator support? Or maybe remove the windsheild spray container and go around the corner? Hopefully the SC will actually fit behind the radiator

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information