Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lowest seat rail for ep3???

Im not too sure if anyone on this board can find me the answer but im having an issue with my recaro pole position bucket seat being too high. I bought the seat last summer for circuit racing but i notice that my seat position is somehow at almost the same level as my oem seat. as im a tall person, I want the lowest seat rail possible. currently, the recaro pole position is held by recaro side mount plate that sits on bride type-mo ep3 specific seat rails. I notice that the bride type-mo sits an inch higher than the frame of the car. anyone have a suggestion??

These side mount brackets seem to be pretty tall, unless I'm not looking at it right?

Here's the rails he's talking about:

yup thats exactly what im talking about, but its too high.. i've seen on s2ki people using the pole position along with buddyclub rails, although im not too sure of if that will be low enough on the ep3

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted-X View Post

These side mount brackets seem to be pretty tall, unless I'm not looking at it right?

Here's the rails he's talking about:

try memoryfab? thats my setup with my recaro.

arent the buddy club rails low?

I would like to know too. I'm way to damn high in my ep.

question for all you pole position owners whats your waist size? or whats the max size for a pole position?

and i had buddy club rails on my p1 bucket and it sat pretty low

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    I would like to know too. I'm way to damn high in my ep.
    ^I'm with stupid. I'm a big guy and there've been a few times I've hit some nasty bumps and had my head beat the ceiling up realll hard.

Quote Originally Posted by creamSODA View Post
    question for all you pole position owners whats your waist size? or whats the max size for a pole position?

and i had buddy club rails on my p1 bucket and it sat pretty low
    38ish

think I might go with a status ring gt, the memory fab rail would be great if I could put the seat all the way low in it
    Last edited by Guardian; 04-10-2010 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    38ish

think I might go with a status ring gt, the memory fab rail would be great if I could put the seat all the way low in it
    scott,
    that would be a good combo. I think status has ther own rails and harness too. Fia approve.

I'm sorry, I think p1 seats are not fia approve depending to track event.

im size 36 waist. but i was size 38 and it fit me too, but its the shoulder part that is tight. from the pics the memoryfab rails looks low lol.. exactly the way i want. i will try that out. but their website seems to be in construction.
    Last edited by lilflx; 04-11-2010 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilflx View Post
    im size 36 waist. but i was size 38 and it fit me too, but its the shoulder part that is tight. from the pics the memoryfab rails looks low lol.. exactly the way i want. i will try that out. but their website seems to be in construction.
    Memoryfab site is down but i think the rail is around 150 I think. But if goin to go seat shoppin again status have good seats I like the side bolsters it's a bit higher and it holds you in pretty good. It's just too pricey for me and I just Got the pole position for cheap.

Do you guys know of a low position seat rail exists that can be retrofitted to the OEM seats? I'm only 5"10, 150lbs and my head hits the ceiling in my optimal driving position. The sunroof has something to do with it I'm sure ...

Quote Originally Posted by CDM 98 ITR View Post
    Do you guys know of a low position seat rail exists that can be retrofitted to the OEM seats? I'm only 5"10, 150lbs and my head hits the ceiling in my optimal driving position. The sunroof has something to do with it I'm sure ...
    i dont want to disappoint you but that the truth, the oem seat is one piece seat and seat rail. you cannot separate it like on type-r recaro with a few bolts. I recommend you getting a bucket seat. If you like your old ITR seat you can get one like that plus the bride type-mo seat rail it seat pretty low compared to stock. that's what i have in the passenger side. but my driver side is the issue, i used the recaro side plates which makes it high and the the bride mo is not the lowest seat rail in the market im sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information