Close

k20a3 126k miles how long it will last?

so...im thinking down the road i will want to swap the motor. (to a k20a2 or newer)

but how long will my k20a3 last? im at 126k daily driven

i use mobil 1 synthetic 5w30

i keep thinking that by the time i can justify spending money on a swap(when the motor gets to the point where it gives me too much trouble), i might as well go get a new hybrid or electric car because by then those will be more practical

Keep up with maintenance and you're not even half way done with that motor.

I'm sure it will last to 200k or more if you keep up on maintenance. Get a big block babay. 2.4 liter. Lol. Start saving now and frank it or get a k24a2.

I'm at 164k and I prolly beat my car allot harder than you do. *shrugs* engine is cheap so whatever. I bet my tranny will go before my engine. I'll go k20a trans + k20a3

Im a bit over 136k. At times i beat the crap out of mine and like the post before I bet my transmission is gonna bust before the motor. Other than that it still kicks ass. Replaced the serpetine belt, oil change every 3k. Once its done k24a2 swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercard View Post
    Im a bit over 136k. At times i beat the crap out of mine and like the post before I bet my transmission is gonna bust before the motor. Other than that it still kicks ass. Replaced the serpetine belt, oil change every 3k. Once its done k24a2 swap.
    Once I fully fix my suspension I'll really beat the shit out of it lmao. Right now only 4-5k in the corners =/

AKA Purple94coupe Euro-Yellow-Ep3's Avatar
    A guy who lives near me beats the sh1t out of his ep3 daily, hes a 270k miles and on his 3rd clutch no issues at all

I've had two engines make it past 200k miles. One was a Datsun 280zx and the body rusted away but the engine was perfect. I also have a Nissan Frontier with 210k miles and the engine is as smooth as the day I bought it brand new. Oil changes every 3k miles, never run it hot and any quality engine will last at least 300k, IMO. My EP has 74k now and I'll probably fix everything else long before the engine is shot.

I would normally say: "Drive it until it breaks, quit worrying and making threads about it" but I won't because I'll probably get yelled at. It will last until it breaks. There.

o.O 270k

doesn't sound like i'll ever really "need" a engine swap lol

thanks for the input

Thread Information