Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Megan Coilovers

Megan Coilovers

So I got my coilovers installed. I know, they aren't the best, and "if you go too low it'll throw everything off". That being said, my rears arent going low enough. The height adjustment is maxed out and its only like a 1-1.5in drop. Anyone else have this problem? any way i cn go lower?

Hmm....I have the BC Racing Type BR coils, which are basically identical (minus the color) and I am down just shy of two inches in the back. (1.8" maybe) I still have room to go as well. When I put mine on, is did not even adjust with the spring perch. I only used the actual full length adjustment to get the ride height set, but of course this has to be done off the car. I got lucky and got it right the first try. I would say that you might have to try that if you haven't already, which sucks cause it means you have to unbolt them again =P

the only way i could think of to go lower, is to cut some of the threads off, but i don't really want to do that. My buddy said i can mess with the pre-load, but i don't want to fuck with things and make a bouncy ride. Maybe i can adjust the preload just a tad?

so anyone know how i can go lower in the rear? I can still fit a finger under the fender. I messed with the pre-load, it's lowered a bit, but made it a bit too bouncy of a ride.

bump!!!

My car handles like poo, the rear is too soft...

The height adgustment is maxed out, i can't go lower anymore. but if i pre load the spring it raises the car. I need to find a way to load the spring without raising the car.

My car isn't even that low.

yeah just got new megans, rear is supposedly maxed out and didnt drop it that low. But for me thats a good thing, not rubbing on that rear white tab anymore :)

and going for that slammed look in LA might look kool, but absolutely scrapes the living hell out of my car. Was told to never mess with the re-load.....

megans are like that. due to the design of the strut body, it will only allow it to go so far. theres no "proper" way of going lower. you can always cut the springs which is a nono or you can purchase new springs with have a lower spring rate. that will decrease (which is already too little) travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Death View Post
    yeah just got new megans, rear is supposedly maxed out and didnt drop it that low. But for me thats a good thing, not rubbing on that rear white tab anymore :)

and going for that slammed look in LA might look kool, but absolutely scrapes the living hell out of my car. Was told to never mess with the re-load.....
    so how many fingers could u fit in the front n rear straight from the factory?

Quote Originally Posted by rd02SiR View Post
    bump!!!

The height adgustment is maxed out, i can't go lower anymore. but if i pre load the spring it raises the car. I need to find a way to load the spring without raising the car.

why does it handle like poo when the rear is 10kg?

i dunno, the rear end of the car seems to get loose in corners and it's very very touchy to corrections while in a corner.

uhhh dont know waht youmean from factory, I lowered mine on the front so theres a 1.5 finger gap all around

take the bottom locking ting out. that'll give you like 1/4" moar low.... or get racelands :)

bump!!!

i dunno, the rear end of the car seems to get loose in corners and it's very very touchy to corrections while in a corner.
    when saying loose, you mean oversteering, or sloppy without the body roll? Touchy must mean responsive?

yeah i meant oversteer, not too sloppy, but maybe a little. and yes, very resposive once in a long corner.
    Last edited by VAep3Girl; 10-29-2008 at 04:23 AM.

Im having the same problems with mine. Set as low as possible and still isnt where i want it. And seems to pull with the crown in the road horribly, I can feel every little shimmy the car makes and i usually end up having to ease off. My car handled so much better with the Sportlines and stock struts, Im thinking it has to do with the straight arm design of the Megans

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information