Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    steering rack creak fix.jpg

"take off the metal ring (yellow), push the rubber boot to the side and spray lots of grease inside. turn you steering from side to side so u can grease the thing better. use a big cable tie to secure the boot back once done. repeat for the other side."

Quote Originally Posted by brennaneli View Post
    steering rack creak fix.jpg

"take off the metal ring (yellow), push the rubber boot to the side and spray lots of grease inside. turn you steering from side to side so u can grease the thing better. use a big cable tie to secure the boot back once done. repeat for the other side."
    yes exactly. the only thing I did different was use a hose clamp instead of a cable tie. also be prepared to remove your airbox if it's still there obviously.

Just did this to my EP. i had creaking whenever the weather would get nice. If you are going to do the hole in the boot, just remember that the slide shaft is surrounded by aluminum in most places, the access hole is only at a certain place. If you put the hole just anywhere and spray in, you will just coat the outside support not the inside shaft which is the one that needs it. Removing the boot clips and replacing with zip ties is a much better solution and only takes a bit longer. I just used side cutters to cut the oem ties off.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information