Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    having the same proble, but already replace the tie rod and still the same... sounds like the absorber/stering rack (dont know which one, it could be both) touching with metal :(

Quote Originally Posted by tru3aznplayaz View Post
    anyone has any pics of what this boot looks like or where it is located?..and where to get the grease?
    i would like to know as well
    thanks

open the hood and look on the drivers side near the firewall you will see the steering rack, carefully snip the clamp on the end of the boot ( I replaced mine with a worm gear hose clamp 2.5-4.5in), turn your steering wheel to the right full lock then spray inside the boot liberally. I ended up going back after a couple thousand miles and used a grease gun with standard multipurpose grease and pumping some into the boot and this finally fixed the creak.

Would it be possible to have pictures with some step by step explination? This could be a very useful for most EP3er in the near future!!!!!

She Will Be missed LOVIN MY EP3's Avatar
    Just did this today... I got the clamps from Honda went to the hobbie shop on base and I cut both of the clamps sprayed white lithium grease and also used regular whit lithium grease the driver side was easy because I had a sri as far as the passenger side I took me awhile but oem clamps are such a hassle... one you cut the clamps and pull the boot back turn the wheel and check the space between the boot... lets see how long it last before it comes back

Having the same prob...appears to only do it when driving over two hours

Quote Originally Posted by beefed88 View Post
    open the hood and look on the drivers side near the firewall you will see the steering rack, carefully snip the clamp on the end of the boot ( I replaced mine with a worm gear hose clamp 2.5-4.5in), turn your steering wheel to the right full lock then spray inside the boot liberally. I ended up going back after a couple thousand miles and used a grease gun with standard multipurpose grease and pumping some into the boot and this finally fixed the creak.

I'm thinking the grease would be a better solution since it's thicker. Was that your experience?

Just did mine this weekend (the squeaking was really loud and constant) and now its completely gone!

gonna be trying this soon. def gonna help. no noises at all. ppl post up pics. lol

anyone with pics? i woould love to do this to stop the noise

Just curious what you guys are using to snip those factory rings around the boot? I can't seem to find anything that will do the trick.

okay finally did this today. did the drivers side first. removed airbox, turned steering wheel all the way so that the boot would be stretched out and slid off easy after I got the factory clamp on. removing the clamps is by far the hardest part of this. I used a screwdriver and a pair of dikes to twist/cut/pull whatever I could in order to get those bastards off. once the boot was off, I sprayed white lithium grease all around as best I could considering the tight quarters. then I turned the steering wheel all the way to the other side so the boot would slide on nice and easy. then I used a 2-1/2" to 3-1/2" hose clamp, which should be easy to remove if you ever have to do this again. after that I did the same thing on the passenger side which proved to be quite a bit more difficult than the drivers side because you have very little room to work in. NOTE: may be obvious, but make sure your engine is not hot when you attempt this. squeaking was completely gone when I took it for a road test, but who knows who long it will last, it was difficult to get a good angle to spray the grease in so we'll see what happens.

yeah, if i have the time ill try this too. but before i get to that, im in for pics!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSi677 View Post
    Would it be possible to have pictures with some step by step explination? This could be a very useful for most EP3er in the near future!!!!!
    I second this. Pics would greatly help.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information