Close

raising a lowered ep3

Hey all, I've been reading about suspensions here and on clubep3 for week now and my head is hurting! I don't know what to do. Heres the story.

I baught a 02 ep3 a few weeks ago. Currently the car is lowered around 3 inches I think. It was Tein SS Coilovers, Progress rear sway bar(with HKS exhaust, so I get alot of rattle), Hotchkis front sway bar, and some SPC rear camber kit thats not installed. Also I beleive a HFP front lip. Going over speedbumps scrap the downpipe and entering/leaving driveway that have a dip will scrap the front lip.

Basically I want to raise the car and eventually start to Auto-X. However I do not know where to begin. The guy I purchased the car from said that he couldn't fit the camber kit or didn't need it because the car was so low. I looked the the tires and I didnt see any uneven wear. There does appear to be some negative camber in the rear tires. Im guessing thats ok?

Right now the car corners good in my opinion but the ride was too rough, so I did figure how to adjust the stiffness.

Any advice would be great! thanks!

Just go ahead & raise it.Yoou've got coilovers.As far as the camber time will tell.Every once in a while check the thread wear to watch for camber wear.Since you're raising it you'll need to realign it again.THey'll tell u if the cambers off.

As far as rear camber on the street.It's probably best to zero it out for wear reasons or rotate tires.
    Last edited by Silvershadow; 04-18-2010 at 01:01 PM.

Thread Information