Close

am i going to have problems lowering my car?

i'm driving around with 17x8 rpf1s tire size 225/45 and i'm planning on putting on HSD full coilovers and dropping about 1.5" all around maybe 2" not too sure though. just wondering if i'd have any problems dropping my car that much. i'm going to have 5mm spacers in the front and 10mm spacers in the rear. i will also be putting in camber kits for the rear but i'm not sure if its possible to get a camber kit for the front. any help would be greatly appreciated

I'm pretty sure that you are going to have rubbing issues in the rear, unless you roll your fenders or run some serious negative camber.

i'm actually planning on going with a serious negative camber in the rear to give it a little more aggressive stance

what offset are the wheels?

seriously dude, dont run a bunch of ridiculous camber, it wont look more aggressive, it will look like something is broken and that the cars soo heavy its making the wheels tilt it...like a fucking cartoon when a car breaks down haha

keep your camber within factory specs which the most for is -1.5degrees that way you wont have any abnormal wear on suspension or tires...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

offset is 45
    thanks for the advice on the camber. i was talking to a few people and for some reason they keep saying to camber in on the rear but after thinking about it and trying to picture it , it would look pretty rediculous.

Quote Originally Posted by abr13l View Post
    offset is 45
    thanks for the advice on the camber. i was talking to a few people and for some reason they keep saying to camber in on the rear but after thinking about it and trying to picture it , it would look pretty rediculous.
    A little neg camber isn't a bad thing, but like Red said go too far with that isht and it gets silly. Also, HOLY SHIT! A normal offset for a change! So sick of the "If I run a 18x9 +10 on a 5gazillion inch drop will it rub herpderpderpa?" threads. It's nice to see someone isn't running something absolutely nuts for a change!
    What kinda wheels?

offset is 45
    ya, id say just run the minimum camber to clear rolled fenders

...i've avoided rolling my fenders, I am only running 02-04 rsx 16" wheels with 205s on them and i have -1degree camber in the rear lowered only 1.8 in teh front and 1.5 in the rear and i rub on the rear fender lips on really hard bumps...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by BeaterEP View Post
    A little neg camber isn't a bad thing, but like Red said go too far with that isht and it gets silly. Also, HOLY SHIT! A normal offset for a change! So sick of the "If I run a 18x9 +10 on a 5gazillion inch drop will it rub herpderpderpa?" threads. It's nice to see someone isn't running something absolutely nuts for a change!
    What kinda wheels?
    lol yeah i know what you mean. my only issue was if tires were going to be too wide but by reading the replies doesn't look like the tires will be an issue, just got to worry about camber and possibly roll my fenders. i try not to go too crazy i just want to build my EP3 to have fun driving it but at the same time give it a nice look.

the wheels i'm running are enkei rpf-1

lol yeah i know what you mean. my only issue was if tires were going to be too wide but by reading the replies doesn't look like the tires will be an issue, just got to worry about camber and possibly roll my fenders. i try not to go too crazy i just want to build my EP3 to have fun driving it but at the same time give it a nice look.

the wheels i'm running are enkei rpf-1
    I hear ya man. Kinda my way of thinking on things, too. Just see a lot of the crazy-slammed hellaflush folks, and I can't help but wonder why anyone would want to dick their handling up so bad

Oh, and I am officially hellajealous of your wheels. Those are still one of my favorite wheels, for style and weight. Poor though, LOL.

Thread Information