Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This block worth buying?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acura...item19bb4675f9

I'm building a k24/k20z1 build
    i was wondering about the wiring harness.
    can i use my a3 harness?
    or do i have to get a z1 or a2 harness?

i wouldnt buy a short block off ebay...its very questionable, they can say what they want, and from the pics i cannot get a good idea of the cylinder wall condition, and id hate to spend 400+ bucks just to find out the motor dropped a valve or something...the guy only shows 1 shot of 1 cylinder, what about the other 3, the pics are all zoomed out right...seriously, find something you can look at in person...plus i think you can do better than 400 on a short block
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

thanks for the tips, the only reason im looking on ebay is i dont have cash i only have credit.
    i bought a z1 head on ebay last week an it looks damn good in person.
    know ne thing bout the wiring harness question i had?
    where else can i look for a short block?

Quote Originally Posted by spartan View Post
    thanks for the tips, the only reason im looking on ebay is i dont have cash i only have credit.
    i bought a z1 head on ebay last week an it looks damn good in person.
    know ne thing bout the wiring harness question i had?
    where else can i look for a short block?
    personally i dont know anything about the wiring question, there are a lot of members who will be able to tell you come tomorrow when they log on...

id say email the guy on ebay for better pictures and see what he gives you...you could always look on craigslist or k20.org...k20.org isnt a perfect solution but atleast its a more legit option over ebay
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    personally i dont know anything about the wiring question, there are a lot of members who will be able to tell you come tomorrow when they log on...

id say email the guy on ebay for better pictures and see what he gives you...you could always look on craigslist or k20.org...k20.org isnt a perfect solution but atleast its a more legit option over ebay
    cool thanks for the advise dude, but the bid ends in 16hrs so i doubt this guy will send me pics when he's already got bids.

Ppl seem to forget about junk yards but I've had good luck with them. I found a k24a1 longblock for 750 shipped and it is in great condition.

Just use car-part.com to search and keep an eye out for decent deals. Personally I'd stay away from eBay, k20a.org is a good option tho.

Too expensive.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

buy a block in person. i had to tell another ep3 owner the same thing cuz some guy in NJ wanted to sell him a k24a2 complete block for 500 buck not including shipping. his claim was that the motor floated a valve but it would easier for him to sell vs fixing it. i had to tell dude 500 for a k24a2=fuked up or stolen

Whats a goin rate for k20 or k24 block?
    I only buy on ebay cuz i only use credit.
    i can only spare like $300 cash.
    I've been searching k20a.org for a while.

you could get a bare block for 300

You can use a credit card at salvage yards...

Not trying to stick my nose in your financial business but if you don't have the cash for a block you might as well wait it out and start saving because all the other parts required for the swap add up $$$.

well your right about that. i went to the junkyard yesterday.
    got a hook up.
    complete engines + tranny:
    accord $600
    TSX $1500
    Type S $2500

now thats good shit.
    i think ill get that k24 for $600 an use everything for the block for extra parts.

I have 2 ebay motors in my garage.......Both were totally Ucked when they arrived at the shop i worked at. Owner was surprised why he paid less then a grand for each k20a2. He was just going to scrape them for Aluminum. So i said i would take them and part them out. i sold the good stuff, now i'm sitting on a lot of junk. Atleast he got most of his money back.

Good find! get the TSX motor, and Sell the trans, or offer him 1k for the motor and no trans.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadphishy View Post
    I have 2 ebay motors in my garage.......Both were totally Ucked when they arrived at the shop i worked at. Owner was surprised why he paid less then a grand for each k20a2. He was just going to scrape them for Aluminum. So i said i would take them and part them out. i sold the good stuff, now i'm sitting on a lot of junk. Atleast he got most of his money back.

Good find! get the TSX motor, and Sell the trans, or offer him 1k for the motor and no trans.
    i just bought a prb head on ebay looks ok, but i wanna put it to good use an i can prolly get away with that accord motor for $450.
    and build the bottom end with the z1 head. wouldnt that be cheaper to build?

Quote Originally Posted by VIZHUNZ02SI View Post
    you could get a bare block for 300
    I bought a few years ago for 200.00 a K24a1 block with everything in it. Now the block is empty with all the internals in a tote.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information