Close

ephatch member

REVIEW: Eibach pro kit --- Tokico d-specs

Hey guys, thought I would give you guys a quick review of my new suspension.

I installed the eibach pro kit springs with the tokico d-spec shocks and LOVE it. When taking a turn it is much more fun, you dont feel the car sway that much. Secondly, tokico says in the little hand book to put the shock as stiff as it going and then turn the the little tool they supply you to the left the 5 times to make it softer. I did it like that and its great. The suspension is a little stiffer and you feel those bigger bumps but with any after market suspension that is normal. The ride is very smooth.

The only two problems I had when installing were: for the rear of the vehicle had trouble taking out that bottom big bolt that holds the shock in place, it was almost seized there so when you put your new suspension maybe put some anti-seize on it or something. For the front when I took the shock out, the rod that has the boots connected on each side came out of place so just take your time and play with it until it goes back into place. Otherwise it was painless.

Would also recommend getting the 2002 - 2005 civic si repair cd for the computer. It tells you how to do everything and really helped me.

Hope this helps some people make a decision about changing there suspension.

I have this exact setup. I hated the car slammed...although it looked good. I even had the same issue with the bolt seizing to the bottom of the shock bushing .Springs just settled. Love it! Heres a pic a few days after install.

I have similar setup, eibach pro kit with Tokico HP shocks also love it. I will post a pic once i install my new wheels. The drop is great not to low, the roads are bad here in hamilton, ontario so these springs are perfect.

ephatch member
    I just installed mine 2 days ago so I am still waiting for the springs to settle but after that I will get my wheel alignment and the ride should get a slightly better but I do not neally care because the ride is already good

Nice post up a pic when u get a chance im waiting for my wheels, should be coming this week. Then ill post mine.

ephatch member
    here is a pic of my car... hope you like it. Its the mugen rep wing in the back if someone is wondering
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by cody_sir View Post
    here is a pic of my car... hope you like it. Its the mugen rep wing in the back if someone is wondering
    Your car sits great, that's the look I'm shooting for. I'm planning on getting the Eibachs with Bilsteins in the near future, but your review is making the D-Specs very appealing.

I have the pro-kit. I've ran em for like 40K miles and haven't blown a strut yet. Only thing I dont like is how the front has a bigger wheel gap and I'd like to sit about an inch lower. Either or still great handling and decent (7/10) looks compared to stock.

Love the pic bro thanks, my wheels came in today getting them installed tomorrow, i will post a pic.. My car is SSM too, also waiting for my type r wing.. The stock wing is soo ugly lmao.
    Nice SSM ride!

ephatch member
    i agree. as soon as I put the mugen wing on, I felt like I owned a knew car because it changed the look so much. btw thanks guys for the compliments on my car.

Quote Originally Posted by kwiksi View Post
    I have this exact setup. I hated the car slammed...although it looked good. I even had the same issue with the bolt seizing to the bottom of the shock bushing .Springs just settled. Love it! Heres a pic a few days after install.
    so, does your front appear to have more of a gap than the rear like Passenger? Anyone else have this issue with the wheel gap looking a little reversed?
    04 Civic Si - nhbp
    12 Accord EXL v6 - cbp
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

ephatch member
    mine is slightly lower in the back but only around 1cm or something its really not much.
    Also, I am now selling this suspension since I put coilovers here is a link:

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehic...AdIdZ217787684

will ship at buyers expence

ephatch member
    my car is for sale also, if you want details just pm me

Thread Information