Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Distance View Post
    im boosted i was planning to run amsoil 5-40 for the hell of it and try it out but since they didn't have it at my local auto store i decided to try a differnt brand.
    Yes, for you 5w-40 would make sense but so would GC which is incredibly robust and stronger than many 5w-40s. If you have Redline available locally, that's another strong oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty_Mouse View Post
    Yes, for you 5w-40 would make sense but so would GC which is incredibly robust and stronger than many 5w-40s. If you have Redline available locally, that's another strong oil.
    so what would you say? should i just use it? its sitting near my table and most likely will be used in my car within the next few hrs. i can always go back and exchange it for something else lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Distance View Post
    so what would you say? should i just use it? its sitting near my table and most likely will be used in my car within the next few hrs. i can always go back and exchange it for something else lol.
    Run it. It's nearly as thick as Amsoil 5w-40 when hot and flows MUCH better when cold.

Don't think too hard 2004ep3hatch's Avatar
    well I used 5-50 castrol and my motor made alot more noise. Now I'm using 5-40 and my motor is alot quieter. Maybe I got bad oil. But I have always used castrol syntec
    Supercharged K24 Frank powered
    PM a Moderator for assistance anytime

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information