Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beechstreet View Post
    If it is 0w-30, its German Castrol (unless its a really really really old bottle with a yellow label). Look on the back label and it says made in germany while all the other weights are made in the USA
    I've only found it at Autozone. One of my favorite oils. I even run it in my turbo SE-R because it "acts" like a 40 weight when hot according to BITOG.

I've also had decent results with the non-GC stuff in more pedestrian applications.

Never used it but I did buy a car with 100k miles on it one time that he strictly used traditional castrol and the motor was NASTY looking once I tore it down. So now (unfairly) I swore off castrol

What do you guys think about Royal Purple?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercard View Post
    What do you guys think about Royal Purple?
    If you're gonna spend the extra cash for Royal Purple, just go with Amsoil, Redline, or German Castrol

Sold to ricers and people who don't know any better. Waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    I would remove that 5w20 swill ASAP. There is a very good reason why the K20A3 was the first and LAST vehicle that Honda slappped on the 5w20 recommendation.
    Really? Now I'm a little scared lol. I'll just keep the revs down till my next oil change which is coming up soon. Do you think the thinner oil is giving me higher mpg? I have run different brands of 5w-30 and 5w-20 oil before and didn't see much of a mpg change though.

The 20 weight oil will gain you a few mpg's, but the potential and real damage just outweigh that.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Quote Originally Posted by drjd888 View Post
    Really? Now I'm a little scared lol. I'll just keep the revs down till my next oil change which is coming up soon. Do you think the thinner oil is giving me higher mpg? I have run different brands of 5w-30 and 5w-20 oil before and didn't see much of a mpg change though.
    Don't listen to people who don't really know what they're talking about when it comes to oil. Sorry talon, but that means you. There are lots of good 20wt oils out there that protect better than most 30wt oils.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty_Mouse View Post
    Don't listen to people who don't really know what they're talking about when it comes to oil. Sorry talon, but that means you. There are lots of good 20wt oils out there that protect better than most 30wt oils.

No need for you to be sorry, but you are,,,LOL

the 5w20 swill is just that, swill that will ruin any engine that isnt driven like grandma.

^^^ Uneducated mechanics are always funny when they try and speak as if they know what they're talking about. Good thing that oil companies employ people with degrees. LOL

LOL

I am far from being an uneducated mechanic my friend, in fact not even a mechanic, but I am a machinist and see the results of 20 weight swill on a almost daily basis.

I wouldnt believe a single utterance from a company man,,,,Have you seen a single NEW HONDA with a 5w20 recommendation since the EP3? Nope, because it created mega problems for the stealerships.

Do you guys recommend 10w30 rp for the arizona heat?

what do u guys think of the castrol 5-40? the guy at autozone was telling me its only for VW and other European cars and it isnt ment to be used on a civic. also whats so good about that german castrol one?

Quote Originally Posted by Distance View Post
    what do u guys think of the castrol 5-40? the guy at autozone was telling me its only for VW and other European cars and it isnt ment to be used on a civic. also whats so good about that german castrol one?
    Maybe he meant that it's not meant to be used on a Civic making next to no HP? Funny how people think that thicker oils protect better. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty_Mouse View Post
    Maybe he meant that it's not meant to be used on a Civic making next to no HP? Funny how people think that thicker oils protect better. Sad.
    im boosted i was planning to run amsoil 5-40 for the hell of it and try it out but since they didn't have it at my local auto store i decided to try a differnt brand.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information