Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Getting some JDM bumpers, skirts, lips so Which parts will I need?

UPDATED 5/1/10

I have an 04 ep3 and I am getting the 04-05 JDM front bumper and lip, JDM sideskirts, JDM rear bumper and lip.

EDIT: JUST GOT MY SKIRTS ON THE CAR SO I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT PARTS ARE NEEDED FOR AN OEM INSTALL

For those of you that already have the items above can you please HELP ME OUT.
    I need to know WHICH & HOW MUCH OF EACH brackets, clips, screws, nuts etc will I need for installation.
    I no longer have any of my oem bumpers, skirts and liners as well thus I do not have any oem bolts, clip, brackets, washers etc.

So far I have already ordered the bumper clips from clubrsx but I still need alot more parts to make everything oem again.

04-05 JDM FRONT & REAR BUMPERS AND LIPS
    I THINK THAT I NEED PARTS 35 (6), 27 (6), 29 (2), 25 (2), 34 (6), 28 (6), 33 (4) 15 (2) 37 (6),
    26 (2) Total=$130.54 + shipping

04-05 USDM FRONT & REAR BUMPERS AND LIPS
    I ALAREADY KNOW WHICH PARTS I NEED FROM HERE, ALOT but thats just me

02-03 JDM BUMPERS & LIP
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

02-05 JDM SIDESKIRTS
    I NOW KNOW THAT I NEED parts 2 (4), 15 (8), 19 (4), 17 (8) or another option would be to install an additional part number 2 on each side thus the new total parts needed would be 2 (6), 15 (12), 17 (12) 19 (6).

For the follwing parts 20 (2) & 22 (2), you DON'T need them because there are no holes corresponding to their location on the usdm ep3.INSTEAD YOU NEED part number 32 (6)

04-05 USDM SKIRTS

I would need PARTS 31 (18) and 32 (6) for the JDM skirts.

I already know that I need a JDM front rebar
    I know that there has to be some type of modification of the rear oem rebar and the rear jdm rebar but if someone can elaborate on how to mod this then that would be great.

I also already know that I need an 04-05 JDM grill, along with the 04-05 JDM top trim piece

My main question now is whether the locations of the 9 holes on the side of the ep will match up with the locations of the 9 clips on the jdm sideskirts.
    EDIT: YES, THE HOLES LINES ON THE USDM 04 EP LINE UP PERFECTLY WITH THE HOLES ON THE JDM SKIRTS.

EDIT: YOU NEED usdm parts 31 (18) and 32 (6) for the JDM skirts!!! Part 32 will be used on the fins, they have a sticky backing on them. Part 32 fits 2 of the holes on the fins but you have to make the third pair of part 32 a bit thinner so it would fit the hole on the JDM fin

PLEASE HELP A BROTHA OUT...ESPECIALLY THOSE BELONGING TO THE FACELIFT CREW
    WHERE YOU GUYS AT.....

EDIT: SEEMS LIKE ALOT OF THIS STUFF HAS BEEN COVERED B4
    THERES INFO ALL OVER THE PLACE ON THE HATCH
    IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE IT ALL IN ONE PLACE
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44454
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...ght=sideskirts

edit: ITS GOING TO COST ME ABOUT $300 TO GET ALL THESE PARTS WTF
    Last edited by MadLorEP3; 05-01-2010 at 04:27 PM.

PM me to remind me, i will tell you absolutely everything you need if you would like to do an OEM install...i say this because i have been drinking and cannot do this right now but a PM will remind me and i am more than glad to help you out...i've done an absolutely 100% oem install on my 02-03 type r exterior and can point you in the right direction
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    PM me to remind me, i will tell you absolutely everything you need if you would like to do an OEM install...i say this because i have been drinking and cannot do this right now but a PM will remind me and i am more than glad to help you out...i've done an absolutely 100% oem install on my 02-03 type r exterior and can point you in the right direction
    Thank you kind sir
    I will definitely send you a pm tomorrow when you are sober
    Have fun in your drunkeness, its been awhile since for me....

I went to my Honda dealer today and they said with the skirts you'll need 44 clips..22 on each side and they run $6 something from the dealer..

Are we talking about using the same clips for the 04 usdm sideskirts as the ctr sideskirts

first question, are you getting your side skirts BNIB? if you are they will have pop in clips on them...

your best bet for ordering the pop in clips is from www.hondaautomotiveparts.com or japanparts.com (if you are doing an OEM install you will need to be ordering from japanparts.com anyway)

for the sideskirts you will need to order from japanparts.com 2-3 underbody clips per side, each has a pop in fastener and 2 screw in fasteners that attach it to the sideskirt...the sideskirt will have 2 pre drilled locations each for the underbody clips, but there is a place on the skirt you can drill two additional holes and add a 3rd underbody clip per side

for the rear bumper there will be pop in clips that attach the lip to the bumper...the front lip will not have any clips instead it will use the oem screws and bolts that hold the fender liner and underbody covers to the stock bumpers currently
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    first question, are you getting your side skirts BNIB? if you are they will have pop in clips on them...

your best bet for ordering the pop in clips is from www.hondaautomotiveparts.com or japanparts.com (if you are doing an OEM install you will need to be ordering from japanparts.com anyway)

for the sideskirts you will need to order from japanparts.com 2-3 underbody clips per side, each has a pop in fastener and 2 screw in fasteners that attach it to the sideskirt...the sideskirt will have 2 pre drilled locations each for the underbody clips, but there is a place on the skirt you can drill two additional holes and add a 3rd underbody clip per side

for the rear bumper there will be pop in clips that attach the lip to the bumper...the front lip will not have any clips instead it will use the oem screws and bolts that hold the fender liner and underbody covers to the stock bumpers currently
    the skirts are used and abused
    and I acutally got the pics above from japan parts

so the "pop in clips" that you are telling me to get are the clips for the usdm sideskirts right not the clips for the jdm skirts
    so these would be parts 31 and 32 in the 3rd picture above.
    honda lists that I would need eighteen of part 31 and 4 of part 32 for the usdm sideskrts
    but is this the same abount I would need for the jdm skirts?

and the underbody clips that you are referring to are the ones for the jdm skirts
    so I will get 3 per side for a total of 6 of these clips which would be number 2 in the second pic.

Is the pop in fastener and screw in fasteners numbers 15 and 19 in the second pic? If so, how many will I need of each?
    Any idea if I will need part 17 in the second pic as well?

REAR BUMPER TO LIP:
    So how many of these pop in clips will I need, I dont have the bumper and lip yet so I cannot count for myself
    EDIT: So after looking at the picture one above it seems that I will need to also use 4 of part 35 and 4 of part 27 for the rear lip as well.

FRONT BUMPER TO LIP
    How sure are you about the 04-05 front bumper and lip not needing any clips?
    Look at the first picture in the first post,thats an 04-05 front lip to an 04-05 front bumper.
    It looks like I would definitely need parts number 35 and 27 but I am unsure of how many I would need
    Maybe 4 of each what do you think?
    What about parts 34 in the same pic, not sure if I need this or how many I would need?
    And parts 25 and 29?

I dont have fender liners so I am not sure which parts are used for these.
    Im not sure if what Im calling clips are the same thing that you are referring to as clips.
    Last edited by MadLorEP3; 04-13-2010 at 03:13 PM.

Bump for some answers...thanks

FIRST POST HAVE BEEN REVISED

dont forget the rebars. The front will fit, but the rear will need some modding
    charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles

Hey j000000stin!!! Suck it, i know how to change my sig. muhahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by charles View Post
    dont forget the rebars. The front will fit, but the rear will need some modding
    i got the fronts on the car already

and I was planning on getting the rears, can you elaborate on what type of modding is necessary for the rear

I found the answers for most of questions already but I still dont know if the USDM skirts' clips (parts 31 and 32 in the 4th picture above) can be used with the JDM skirts

If anyone can provide me with a picture of a jdm sideskirt showing the bottom part and also the inside part of it that would be great
    EDIT: found this here http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...ght=sideskirts

Attached is the 8 step process, with Images, to Install JDM Side Skirts to a 2005 Honda Civic SI Hatchback (EP3). You can get the Velcro at any Radio Shack store.

Last edited by MadLorEP3; 04-14-2010 at 08:18 AM.

help...

Quote Originally Posted by madlorglk View Post
    I have an 04 ep3 and I am getting the 04-05 JDM front bumper and lip, JDM sideskirts, JDM rear bumper and lip.

For those of you that already have the items above can you please HELP ME OUT.
    I need to know WHICH & HOW MUCH OF EACH brackets, clips, screws, nuts etc will I need for installation.
    I no longer have any of my oem bumpers, skirts and liners as well thus I do not have any oem bolts, clip, brackets, washers etc.

So far I have already ordered the bumper clips from clubrsx but I still need alot more parts to make everything oem again.

04-05 JDM FRONT & REAR BUMPERS AND LIPS
    I THINK THAT I NEED PARTS 35 (8), 27 (8), 29 (2), 25 (2), 34 (6), 28 (4), 33 (2) 15 (2) 37 (?), 26 (?)
    CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THIS?

04-05 USDM FRONT & REAR BUMPERS AND LIPS
    I ALAREADY KNOW WHICH PARTS I NEED FROM HERE, ALOT

02-03 JDM BUMPERS & LIP.
    IS THERE A DIFFERENCE BTW 02-03 N 04-05 REAR BUMPER N LIPS?
    I DONT THINK SO BUT I ASK BECAUSE THERE ARE 2 EXTRA PARTS 31 & 38 THAT ARE LISTED IN THE BELOW THAT ARE NOT
    LISTED IN THE 04-05 JDM BUMPERS & LIPS DIAGRAM

[COLOR="red"]02-05 JDM SIDESKIRTS
    I NOW KNOW THAT I NEED parts 2 (4), 15 (8), 19 (4), 17 (8) or another option would be to install an additional part number 2 on each side thus the new total parts needed would be 2 (6), 15 (12), 17 (12) 19 (6).

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM IF I WOULD NEED PARTS 20, 21, 22? I DONT THINK I NEED THEM BECAUSE THERE ARE NO HOLES IN THE BODY HIGH ENOUGH FOR THESE TO GO INTO BUT JUST WANNA CLARIFY.

04-05 USDM SKIRTS
    WILL PARTS 31 & 32 ALSO WORK FOR JDM SKIRTS?
    I would need PARTS 31 (18) and 32 (4) for the usdm skirts, SO WILL I NEED THE SAME QUANTITY FOR MY JDM SKRTS
    IT TURNS OUT THAT part 32 is what people are calling sticky clips and they use this to install usdm skirts onto 02-03 ep3's

PLEASE HELP A BROTHA OUT...ESPECIALLY THOSE BELONGING TO THE FACELIFT CREW
    WHERE YOU GUYS AT.....

EDIT: SEEMS LIKE ALOT OF THIS STUFF HAS BEEN COVERED B4
    THERES INFO ALL OVER THE PLACE ON THE HATCH
    IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE IT ALL IN ONE PLACE
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44454
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...ght=sideskirts
    to 04-05 jdm bumpers:

4pcs of #33

if its the screw and clip which i thin you need 4 pcs. of 26 and 37

Quote Originally Posted by mr-alternative View Post
    to 04-05 jdm bumpers:

4pcs of #33

if its the screw and clip which i thin you need 4 pcs. of 26 and 37
    thanks Andre
    I updated the first post
    so if I need 4 pieces of 33 then will I need 6 pieces of 28?

ok so i pretty much know which parts I need to get for the jdm front and rear bumpers and lip to be installed correctly

But I am still unsure about the parts I would need for the skirts. Especially need to know if the holes on the 04 ep3 match up with the holes for the jdm ctr skirts.

bump for some answers

Damn its gonna cost about $400 to get all these brackets and screws and clips
    what the fuck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information