Close

Question Progress C1 coilovers?

Is anyone, or does anybody know more about these coilovers? Quality, ride, etc? For the price ($1,100) and the fairly decent spring rates (350 front/650 rear), I'm considering picking these up. I would love to buy the KW V2's, but I can't spend that kinda cash sadly. But I am just curious to know if anyone has personal experiance with these, or if they are a good product/buy? Thanks in advance.

Here is a link to the website:
    http://www.progressauto.com/products.../productID/493

These are a great choice in coilovers. There are plenty of people here that have a set and everyone seems to be happy with the product, especially for the price. Also, check the vendors here some may have some in stock so you wouldn't have to wait for them to be built.

one of the best out of the box suspension upgrades for the ep3
    it can go really low as well

other choices are buddy club rsd's but a bit more epensive and wont go as low
    if you got the funds I would go with rsd's

if your budget is about $1000 I would go with progress and nothing else
    I have progress and I love them
    there are places that sells them for less than $1100 like clubrsx.com, showstoppersusa, thmotorsports, and alot more
    only thing is that you gotta wait till their in stock because they are currently on back order

Well I am looking more for performance then just slamming it. It's my DD, but I also want to enjoy the backroads/auto-x with a decent set up. I do wanna keep the budget around the $1000 mark simply so I can add a few complimenting parts with the coilovers. But I was thinking that with those spring rates and a proper drop that make the car still functional, an alignment, some extra tuning with a few other odds and ends for the suspension, should make the car handle quite well in the turns. I just hadn't really heard of them for the coilovers and wanted to make sure they actually hold up in real world driving. So thanks for the info so far.

ephatch member
    You can't go wrong with the Progress Coilover's.

Moderator SinisterCivicSi has a set on her car and she's had them since they were released and she loves them and I don't recall her having any issues with them.

So which would y'all go with between the two; Progress, or a custom Koni/GC set up? These seem to be the top two in my budget.

i went with progress, currently on the waitinglist :D

Quote Originally Posted by _shift View Post
    Well I am looking more for performance then just slamming it. It's my DD, but I also want to enjoy the backroads/auto-x with a decent set up. I do wanna keep the budget around the $1000 mark simply so I can add a few complimenting parts with the coilovers. But I was thinking that with those spring rates and a proper drop that make the car still functional, an alignment, some extra tuning with a few other odds and ends for the suspension, should make the car handle quite well in the turns. I just hadn't really heard of them for the coilovers and wanted to make sure they actually hold up in real world driving. So thanks for the info so far.
    yeah they're greeeaaattt
    Mustclime on cep3 said that progress isactually one of the companies that actually did their homework when it came to the ep3 because of the highere spring rate in the rear compared to the front which is exactly what we need for the ep.
    these will be perfect for daily driving
    the option to go as low as you want is there but if you dont like it you can go as high as you as well
    for your budget, these will beperfect for you, performance and for DD
    its that simple progress is the way to go

I should get paid by the company for vouching for them so much
    Im gonna contact them
    Last edited by ep3civic2nr; 11-14-2008 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _shift View Post
    So which would y'all go with between the two; Progress, or a custom Koni/GC set up? These seem to be the top two in my budget.
    I was in the same boat
    I actually had a thread about it but was lost due to the crash
    both would be good choices
    I forgot why exactly I went with progress but I have no regrets
    If I remember I will let you know
    good luck

Thread Information