Close

Shouldn't I be lower?

So I recently got back from San Diego and was riding in my cusion DC5 the whole time. He's dropped on Eibach springs with a 1.5 drop all around on stock struts. He barely has a finger gap all around. He's on stock 16's with stock tires

My EP is dropped on progress sport springs on HFP struts. They're 1.8 in the front, and 1.5 in the back. I have a 3 finger gap in the back and a 2 finger gap in the front. Did i not tighten all the way down, did i do something wrong? It rides good, but sometimes knocks when i turn at slow speeds. Shouldn't i be lower. I'd like at least a finger gap all around. I'm on 16's with 205/50's.

I'll take pics when i get home. Please help me out before i redo the suspension.

your tires is your problem. Run 205/55/16 and the gap will be smaller. The stock RSX uses this tire size.
    I used to run this tire size and the drop was perfect. Now i'm running 205/40/17 and there's a noticable difference in the wheel gap.
    Last edited by i-WERKS; 04-15-2010 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by i-WERKS View Post
    your tires is your problem. Run 205/55/16 and the gap will be smaller. The stock RSX uses this tire size.
    but if i got a 55 series tire my finger gap would be smaller but the car would be higher. IDK if it would make that big of a difference because the finder gap in the back is pretty big. Anyone else with progress springs please chime in.

your logic is flawed. i werks is right. your tire size is the issue. if you ran the same tire size and you sill had a noticable difference the you could compare. but right now you are comparing apples to oranges. also keep in mind that suspensions settle differently. not all are exactly the same. if nothing is clunking and if you've had them without any problems you are more than likely fine. your tires have A LOT to do with the way your car appears to sit.

Quote Originally Posted by socmex7 View Post
    your logic is flawed. i werks is right. your tire size is the issue. if you ran the same tire size and you sill had a noticable difference the you could compare. but right now you are comparing apples to oranges. also keep in mind that suspensions settle differently. not all are exactly the same. if nothing is clunking and if you've had them without any problems you are more than likely fine. your tires have A LOT to do with the way your car appears to sit.
    thanks, that makes more sense. I like the 50 series tire though. maybe i'll get 55 in the rears next time.

if u like the 50s then upgrade to 215 50 16 the 215 will make the sidewall a little taller but itll still be a more lower profile than the 55 and should give u a little smaller wheel gap and better handling

How long have you had your springs?Usually it takes them a while to settle.

Thread Information