Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Megan Coilovers ORRRR?????

Ok I finally got my tax money back. I have been in need of new suspension for over a year now. I am currently looking into the Megan Coilovers BUT before I spend 800+ dollars on something, I would like to know what some other people think about them or if anyone else has personally had some experience with them.. OR, maybe a 'better' route to go with.

I originally wanted to get Koni Yellows and just some lowering springs but for the 4 shocks and springs that's close to 900.. So basically, what's the best thing to get for the money? Maybe a standard/mid/high range?

How are the Tokico shocks? For more than 50% cheaper, is the price/quality ratio worth it compared to the Koni's?

Also, I would like a setup that is 'better' than stock, but doesn't have to be "THE BEST"

I would not get meagans
    but somepeople like them

progress coilovers are great colovers for the price and they also have a great customer service
    you can get them for less than $1000
    these are great out of the box coilovers for the ep3 and the rsx
    these are great for daily driving

what's your budget

if you got some more money
    you can get
    buddy club rsd's about $1500 I think
    cost more but one of the best out of the box coilovers for the ep3 as well

Yikes I don't have that many clams haha. I got like a 800ish budget. I'd like to not drop my whole bankroll for just that. I'd like to get an exhaust too, maybe. So Megan is no good?

i like mine had them for two years. it all really depends on what u want to do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by iDom View Post
    Yikes I don't have that many clams haha. I got like a 800ish budget. I'd like to not drop my whole bankroll for just that. I'd like to get an exhaust too, maybe. So Megan is no good?
    some say its no good, some say its ok, I dont have personal experience with them but I've seen mixed reviews about them

you can get a brand new progress coilovers for $895
    its pretty much fits our budget
    check out the review about progress on clubrsx
    alot of people vouch for megan

Crap.. Well if everybody thinks the Megan is at least good, I think I'm going to go with that.. I just don't want to regret anything. I'd prefer an HFP suspension butttt.... They're all outta commission there..

I won't regret spending 800 on some Megan coilovers tho will I?

Crap.. Well if everybody thinks the Megan is at least good, I think I'm going to go with that.. I just don't want to regret anything. I'd prefer an HFP suspension butttt.... They're all outta commission there..

I won't regret spending 800 on some Megan coilovers tho will I?
    if you want to make sure that you will not regret anything go with progress
    save up $95 and do it right the first time
    I forgot to say that alot think its shit...Brand new Megans are about $850 so just save up for progress if you really dont want to have any regrets

If you have $800 already, why not put it away and save some more to get what you want instead of blowing the money? Suspension is not something to just get on a whim. You need to make sure you get what you want and do it right the first time. You also need a camber kit for the rear when you lower the car, and possibly for the front if the suspension you get does not have the upper camber plates already. Also, you will HAVE to get an alignment right after putting it in or you will eat up your tires very quickly. I would recommend you have the money for all of this in one shot to get it done the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by BlownSi05 View Post
    If you have $800 already, why not put it away and save some more to get what you want instead of blowing the money? Suspension is not something to just get on a whim. You need to make sure you get what you want and do it right the first time. You also need a camber kit for the rear when you lower the car, and possibly for the front if the suspension you get does not have the upper camber plates already. Also, you will HAVE to get an alignment right after putting it in or you will eat up your tires very quickly. I would recommend you have the money for all of this in one shot to get it done the right way.
    Amen to that

i was in your boat, i went with progress, will let u know how it goes :D

try to pick up mugen ss in the classifieds - can be had for 550 - 750 ish. I have this set up and can't complain great for a DD and some spirited driving/autocrossing on the side. Or pick up my tein s-tech springs in the classifieds =)

When I bought my car it had blown shocks all the way around and some cheap "adjustable sleeves" pieces of garbage.. Now, when I turn my wheel all the way to the left and all the way to the right, the springs pop and the car will pull in whichever direction I last sharply turned the wheel to..

I wasn't aware that I would also need to buy the camber kits.. I only intend to drop the car 1 - 1.5 inches, so with that being said.. Would I still need to purchase those?

I am looking into just buying the Progress Coilovers because I have heard nothing but good about them. I just don't exactly know what else I would need, all the random things that can be a 'hiccup'.

Fortunately I know someone who works at a dealership who has access to a lift and is certified to do alignments and all that happy jazz but the only problem is, is that it's the only car I have access to and the dealership is about an hour away from home.. So.. If I start this and it somehow can't be done that day.. I'm boned.. So with all this being said, I'm just really hesitant with the whole situation and indecisive. I appreciate all the comments and help but I just wanna make sure I can get this done correctly and make everything worthwhile.

When I bought my car it had blown shocks all the way around and some cheap "adjustable sleeves" pieces of garbage.. Now, when I turn my wheel all the way to the left and all the way to the right, the springs pop and the car will pull in whichever direction I last sharply turned the wheel to..

I wasn't aware that I would also need to buy the camber kits.. I only intend to drop the car 1 - 1.5 inches, so with that being said.. Would I still need to purchase those?

I am looking into just buying the Progress Coilovers because I have heard nothing but good about them. I just don't exactly know what else I would need, all the random things that can be a 'hiccup'.

Fortunately I know someone who works at a dealership who has access to a lift and is certified to do alignments and all that happy jazz but the only problem is, is that it's the only car I have access to and the dealership is about an hour away from home.. So.. If I start this and it somehow can't be done that day.. I'm boned.. So with all this being said, I'm just really hesitant with the whole situation and indecisive. I appreciate all the comments and help but I just wanna make sure I can get this done correctly and make everything worthwhile.
    Im glad your going with progress like you've read and what I've been trying to say
    you wont be sorry
    you only need to buy one piece
    its the plastic adapter piece that both clubrsx and progress sells, honda sells it as well but I forgot the part number

Im not really sure if you would need a camber kit for a 1.5" drop
    but either way, its not necessary right now but I could be wrong
    but its still a good idea to get in the future,
    so its a rear camber kit and front camber bolts

then an alignment and your good to go

So since I only am planning on dropping it as much as I said, I don't need the rear camber kit and front camber bolts right now, but it would be a good idea to get them in the near future?

What exactly is the adapter piece that I will need?

I have the megan coilovers, they are alright. You feel every groove in the road. But even if you drop it alittle bit, you will still have a huge camber in the rear. You just need to get the rear camber kit and it fixes that camber like nothing. Save yourself and get a camber kit while in the process or you will be paying up in price with new tires every couple of months. Been there done that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information