Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So I reset the exhaust cam forward one link, car started right up and ran fine, no check engine lights or anything like that, though it did kind of scare me at first cause I noticied that vtec is quite a bit louder than it was before, other than that everything is fine, why would vtec,and performance in general, increase? Did I advance the timing too far?

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post

Then later on make sure to get a 07'+ K20Z3 upper chain guide, it is longer and will not allow the chain to jump as easily, if at all.
    Could I get the part number for the correct chain guide? I assume its the item called "cam chain guide b" in the diagram but I looked and there are a couple of different ones called out as chain guide but neither says upper in the description, so I wanted to make sure I order the correct one. Thanks.

Next question for anyone that cares to respond: Just read in this months Honda Tuning about replacing stock Timing Chain Tensioner with aftermarket , they list skunk 2 and hybrid racing, but I know toda makes one also. My question is I have a JDM K20A all stock internals is this something to be concerned with? The way the article is written makes me believe they are suggesting modified or not you should change it out. Just wanting anyones thoughts. Thanks.
    Last edited by hondacur; 05-05-2010 at 10:31 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information