Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    the only gripe i have with my unit is the ipod. I purposefully bought a 16gb ipod nano that had a broken screen backlight with intentions of using it as a permanent juke box in my car. It works great but the problem is sometimes when I get in the car the avic will default to the off position (even if it was already on when I shut the car off). I can turn the unit back on as normal but in order for it to recognize that the ipod is there I have to unplug the ipod and plug it back in.

its weird and I'm kinda used to it now but its still kinda annoying sometimes.
    Ed~

Wurd.
    You might need to update the Avic firmware, Ed. Mine did that EVERY time, and often randomly while playing. The update fixed that. It depends on how old your unit is; I got mine a year ago this past March. The update also fixed a lot of other glitches, too, like startup time and screen response.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTechEP3 View Post
    Canada has the Eh?3 Know what I'm talking aboot?

Quote Originally Posted by oneglory View Post
    the only gripe i have with my unit is the ipod. I purposefully bought a 16gb ipod nano that had a broken screen backlight with intentions of using it as a permanent juke box in my car. It works great but the problem is sometimes when I get in the car the avic will default to the off position (even if it was already on when I shut the car off). I can turn the unit back on as normal but in order for it to recognize that the ipod is there I have to unplug the ipod and plug it back in.

its weird and I'm kinda used to it now but its still kinda annoying sometimes.
    I have to do the same. Gets kind of old. Especially when your driving.

And I have looked into updating it before. I remember it being too much work for me to do during school. But ill have to look into again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information