Close

Thread: Turbo question

Turbo question

So I have a buddy with a brand new RSX Type S kit. I was wondering if that would work on the ep. My EP has over 100k Miles on it. Will the motor still hold? What would I need to do to reinforce it?

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    what kind of kit?.. for the most part it should bolt up.. .. u might just need some work with the IC piping

^^^Agreed...

Ive been making 300whp from 41k to 132k(still going) and my a3 runs like stock..when in vacumm lol.

i think you may need to cut part of the ep3 frame to fit the ic pipping, or cut and weld the ic pipping to fit

I pick hacking the IC piping over my chassis anyday.

Its a Greddy kit. Just the turbo kit no intercooler kit or EMS. I think my main concern is my mileage and if my motor will hold.

Do a simple compression test. This will give you a better idea of the condition of your motor.
    If you've taken care of the motor, performed scheduled maintenance and oil changes, it's probably fine.

However, anyone who turbos their car needs to accept beforehand that they may blow their engine up at any moment :)

Quote Originally Posted by groovezog View Post
    Do a simple compression test. This will give you a better idea of the condition of your motor.
    If you've taken care of the motor, performed scheduled maintenance and oil changes, it's probably fine.

However, anyone who turbos their car needs to accept beforehand that they may blow their engine up at any moment :)
    ^^^^^^^ Yeah that. I ran 11 psi for ever on my internally stock k20a3. Soon as it went to 12psi, timing tensioner let go. Shit happens. Save up for it. And the hole you have to cut for the IC piping is not that big. usually behind the drivers headlight if I remember right. I have a leakdown tester I could sell you. That would be more useful than a compression tester. Tells you the percentage of power you will be losing.
    Last edited by K24 FTWi; 04-29-2010 at 11:00 PM.

make sure you get an intercooler nd kpro if you have a cylinder with lower compression wait till you get another motor i ran 9psi on my k20a3 with 98000 miles with emanage nd intercooler with compression lower in cyl 3 nd blew my motor after a month nd caused engine bay fire

Thread Information