Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flip key?

ephatch member

Flip key?

I know there was a DIY up on the old forums for a flip key, i think it was for the Ridgeline or TSX key (forgot) and there were also red emblems for them. The mod involved swapping the chip out of the unlock/lock transmitter into the new key to make a all-in-one solution. Where can I find this DIY? If anyone remembers the key used that would be great too.

thanks in advance

Last edited by dirtyMETHOD; 04-22-2010 at 06:41 PM.

ephatch member
    I also saw Ridgeline in there, time to do some reading. Thanks!

yeah, ridgeline works to. I guess the best is the TL key since the transmitter in our car are from the same manufacturer that make the TL remote. not sure if the ridgeline is the same.
    Last edited by MELLO; 09-28-2008 at 12:18 PM.

ephatch member
    Now im just trying to figure out how they made them with a red H logo instead of the acura logo...

After finding this, I think that was the ridgeline key with a red H added. I saw some covers on ebay with the red H for like $26, but I just want the sticker. Plus, I'm not paying $26!

http://www.diymyhonda.com/fit/my-new...blade-key-fob/

Anyone happen to recall where to get just the H sticker?
    Last edited by rtnlsltn; 04-23-2010 at 07:36 PM.

I'll put picks up later but there's a guy on eBay from china that sells the flip key with red h emblem for 50 shipped. Then what I did was rip the chip out of my valet key n gorilla glued the chip into the flip fob. When u get the key fob there's a perfect cubby hole for the chip. Key fob comes with a blank key. Take that to local dealer n they cut for you. Mine did it for free. Only problem I came accross was that the key part was a little thick so I filed it down till it fit. Have been using it for over a year n f-ing love it. IPhone cam is messed up so I'll try to put up photo asap.keyfob1.jpgIMG_1006.JPG Can't upload big files or i don't know how to do it, but here!!
    Last edited by tqk; 03-07-2012 at 09:20 PM. Reason: added pics.

Quote Originally Posted by tqk View Post
    I'll put picks up later but there's a guy on eBay from china that sells the flip key with red h emblem for 50 shipped. Then what I did was rip the chip out of my valet key n gorilla glued the chip into the flip fob. When u get the key fob there's a perfect cubby hole for the chip. Key fob comes with a blank key. Take that to local dealer n they cut for you. Mine did it for free. Only problem I came accross was that the key part was a little thick so I filed it down till it fit. Have been using it for over a year n f-ing love it. IPhone cam is messed up so I'll try to put up photo asap.
    Bump for it I'm down to do it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Xparent Red Tapatalk

Interested to see the pic.

Might jump on this

Wasnt there something in the orig thread about how 02 guys can't do it?

i have a flip key but i have no idea how it was done.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Quote Originally Posted by tqk View Post
    I'll put picks up later but there's a guy on eBay from china that sells the flip key with red h emblem for 50 shipped. Then what I did was rip the chip out of my valet key n gorilla glued the chip into the flip fob. When u get the key fob there's a perfect cubby hole for the chip. Key fob comes with a blank key. Take that to local dealer n they cut for you. Mine did it for free. Only problem I came accross was that the key part was a little thick so I filed it down till it fit. Have been using it for over a year n f-ing love it. IPhone cam is messed up so I'll try to put up photo asap.keyfob1.jpgIMG_1006.JPG Can't upload big files or i don't know how to do it, but here!!
    Do u have the link to the vendor?
    Last edited by Myriad; 03-15-2009 at 05:32 PM.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-05-HONDA-...item415e79eb6b

found this seller with what seems to be the correct switchblade component needed. Doesnt seem to come with the JDM RED H yo lol, but looks good, but pricey
    Last edited by sha-man; 03-14-2009 at 07:05 PM.

I think this is more because it seems to be complete with immobilizer chip and remote internals. The one previously posted was only shell without chip.

New from dealer is probably more anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyMETHOD View Post
    I think this is more because it seems to be complete with immobilizer chip and remote internals. The one previously posted was only shell without chip.

New from dealer is probably more anyways.
    I think I read it was only the shell, the pic just shows an example of how it would look. Dealer would be more though like u said. There's more on eBay I was just sure that might be it

eBay keyfob that r 45$ n up will come with everything u need except the chip. Red "H", remote, blank key, etc. Just make sure that ur year will be compatible with the remote that he sales. Contact seller wit ur remote # n they can send u the right one. $45 is a little pricey but compared to other flip keys it's not that bad. Just make sure u ask the seller that remote is compatble. Also u will need an extra key to rip apart. I used my valet key for the chip. ? Just ask.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information