Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No more Type-R?

No more Type-R?

TOKYO, Japan, April 19, 2010 – Honda Motor Co., Ltd. announced it will discontinue production of the 4-door Civic Type R at the end of August, 2010. A purist’s sports car featuring precisely tuned vehicle dynamics, the Civic Type R creates a unity between car and driver for exceptional driving pleasure. The first-generation model launched in 1997 and was produced at Suzuka Factory. The second-generation model following in 2001, was produced at Honda of the U.K. Manufacturing Ltd.* For the current, third-generation Civic Type R that was released in 2007, the production has returned to Suzuka Factory.

Type R models are specially tuned to take full advantage of the potential of the base model and provide a racing car-like driving feel. First offered on the NSX in 1992, the Type R range was added to the Integra in 1995 and to the Civic in 1997.

if you read that carefully, they state it is only the 4dr typeR that will be discontinued, and rightfully so.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

exactly ^^^ the 4 door, next year they already announced they will be selling a special euro 3 door in japan, and then if you remember the civic is getting a redesign and we should be seeing a new one in 2012

so do you know what this tells me? they are retooling the facility for the type r in suzuka...thats why they are stopping production of the 4 durr they are working on the next one
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

the type-r sedan is the fastest produced type-r to date, and the EURO hatch has a solid rear beam suspension design. WTF Honda!

Quote Originally Posted by showoff3civic View Post
    the type-r sedan is the fastest produced type-r to date, and the EURO hatch has a solid rear beam suspension design. WTF Honda!
    x2

i read an article and i thought honda was discontinuing the type r brand forever. so let me get this straight, it's only the current type rs which they are discontinuing (4 door sedan and coupe and the euro), right?

Quote Originally Posted by starwars_ep3 View Post
    i read an article and i thought honda was discontinuing the type r brand forever. so let me get this straight, it's only the current type rs which they are discontinuing (4 door sedan and coupe and the euro), right?
    Nope, just the 4door
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Quote Originally Posted by showoff3civic View Post
    the euro hatch has a torsion bar rear beam suspension, even weirder...

again i remind you though, euro hatch produced in the uk, they currently ship them to japan for the people who want them, they are stopping production of the 4 dr in japan to switch to production of the next car and in the mean time sell a hopped up euro hatch...best as i can figure

Quote Originally Posted by starwars_ep3 View Post
    ive not heard anything from the industry or honda that they are discontinuing the type r and they are only stopping production of the current 4 dr and they are still producing the euro hatch
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Euro Type-R is discontinued by this year. Honda sells the last produced 400+ cars in whole europe and thats it.

Why Honda discontinued the Type-R?

By 2011 a new emission law gets started and Honda couldnt give the Type-R any modifications to fullfill these laws.

Quote Originally Posted by mr-alternative View Post
    Euro Type-R is discontinued by this year. Honda sells the last produced 400+ cars in whole europe and thats it.

Why Honda discontinued the Type-R?

By 2011 a new emission law gets started and Honda couldnt give the Type-R any modifications to fullfill these laws.
    that might be in europe, though i have to ask where you heard this because i follow world automotive news very closely and have not heard this
    my ep is white...

All i can say is that if i ever see a Type R hybrid i am giving up on any honda model produced from 2005 and up.

Wtf is going on with Honda lately.

Quote Originally Posted by DrZfInEsT View Post
    Wtf is going on with Honda lately.
    they are trying to build their brand image and market share instead of trying to compete in a flooded sport compact market...the automotive industry is hurting right, so everyone is doing what they do best to maintain profits and market share...honda is good at building affordable, well built, long lasting cars...why build anything higher performance oriented than the civic si when people are looking at MPGs...thats whats going on with honda...

if you are asking about their design, i got nothing for you there, go back in time 5 years and ask them what they were thinking, thats how long it takes to develop cars...
    my ep is white...

officially by Honda no one says sth. about the sale on the last Type-R. Some Honda dealer posted this on their website:

http://honda-mueller-online.de/Newsd...65a794b.0.html

i dont know what you are saying or what it says on the site sorry...
    my ep is white...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information