Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No more Type-R?

on this honda dealer site stands, that Honda discontinues the Civic Type-R and Honda just sells the last 444 produced cars.

Quote Originally Posted by mr-alternative View Post
    on this honda dealer site stands, that Honda discontinues the Civic Type-R and Honda just sells the last 444 produced cars.
    id think that would mean they are discontinuing the current car...i dont think by any means they are discontinuing selling type rs in the future, we are coming up on a vehicle model change over within the year and then we will see about a next type r or not...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    id think that would mean they are discontinuing the current car...i dont think by any means they are discontinuing selling type rs in the future, we are coming up on a vehicle model change over within the year and then we will see about a next type r or not...
    When i have a look to the hybrid trend which Honda has now in europe (cr-z this year, jazz coming up next year or so) it seems to be they maybe are ending the Type-R series.

But lets wait a while and we'll see if it was the last type-r or not..

But on the one or other side: i like the "egg type-r"
    Last edited by cow; 09-29-2008 at 10:53 AM.

So what's next?? instead of a K20a, it should be a Type R K26a!! I wonder if they are going to discontinue the k series...

ephatch member
    they just needs to make a engine thats type r worthy, and that 1.5 hybrid thing isent IMO.. There was some ruomrs of a CRZ with that engine and some el motors with more grunt but i dont belive that that happens.

as for the FN2, theres a facelift coming afaik, so the 444 mentioned on that page posted by mr-alternative might be the last of the fn2 that looks like the current car. not any major changes for sure, just like the ep3 i 2003-2004 :)
    Last edited by LLH; 04-25-2010 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blah1219 View Post
    So what's next?? instead of a K20a, it should be a Type R K26a!! I wonder if they are going to discontinue the k series...
    they use the k series across almost the entire line of hondas and acuras, they wont discontinue the k series. The civic si has been wildly successful in the us and the euro type r has been very successful in japan. when they release the new civic in 2012 i would expect another performance civic in the us, IE another Si and probably another type r...both rocking a k series...in coming years i would expect to see more performance hybrids coming our way as well. there has even been rumors of a type r CRZ which they will add a bigger electric motor and hop up the 1.5l slightly to produce around 200hp. sure its not the same thing as the k series type r motor, but times are changing and you will have to expect the idea of what performance is in lower end cars like hondas. You want high output traditional engine cars you will have to start looking at cars that are expensive play toys like lotus' and up to higher performance supercars...sorry...

again i will remind you that when the hondas of the late 80s came out and the first SIs came out that was just like the idea of the performance hybrids. a 1.3l or 1.5l with 56-91 hp with between 40-80mpg...it seemed crazy then, but it caught on...

things change with the times, thats reality, but i do not think honda will discontinue type rs all together, its the high performance designation of honda. the definition of the high performance honda may change from what you know it as though...

Quote Originally Posted by rashondasdriver View Post
    I think they're trying hard to get away from the tuner image. Our cars have major flaws, most of the recent cars are ugly to begin with, let alone slow. The only real production tease for a CRX replacement is a hybrid. Scrapped the slow ass S2K, and NSX (Slow in comparison to their theoretical market of Corvettes). It's all plain to me. They're trying to be a "Green" brand.
    by the way, hondas always been a "green" brand, they are one of the few that are ACTUALLY green...the company sees it as a social responsibility

the idea of the crz being a performance hybrid is just like the first crx hf...it was a sporty MPG getter... i think people forget this...stock CRXs were always dirt slow, people just think of them as something different because of the tuner community.
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

dont get me wrong, you make good points too, i was just tweaking those points...haha
    my ep is white...

why would they need to do that...thats lots of money in R&D that doesnt give them much return. let other companies play that game of one uping each other every year. plus honda doesnt have the money to do that right now. they did have that nsx in the works that they caned as a production car and is just using it as a race car.

OH and a reminder, word is theres nothing out there that says they canned the OSM concept which was a roadster concept. word is its a hybrid performance roadster or an s2k replacement...so they should have a lightweight roadster coming out at some point

I want to add to my CRZ comments, they are already selling extremely well in japan...
    my ep is white...

i am expecting the crz to be a lot of fun to drive...im first on the list to test drive one when they get the demo from honda in at the dealer down the street from me

i am not very worried about the kswap for it...since its basically a fit 1.5 motor and hasport already has a k series swap for the fit, i would expect that kit or a variation of it to work for the crz...i figure if i pick up a crz at some point ill rock the hybrid setup until either the battery needs to be replaced, the electric motor, or engine, and then ill do a k-swap into it...heh
    my ep is white...

With the newest mpg, emissions, and safety regulations the sporty vehicles like the typeR will be relegated to history and other markets. It is inevitable that new vehicles will be commuter vehicles.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    With the newest mpg, emissions, and safety regulations the sporty vehicles like the typeR will be relegated to history and other markets. It is inevitable that new vehicles will be commuter vehicles.
    pretty much...i dont think we'll ever see more than 200-220 out of a honda 4cylinder...

the one nice innovation we have in the future for the sake of commuter fuel efficient cars, is MORE ALUMINUM!!! companies across the board are moving towards aluminum spaceframe vehicles (yes the NSX already was, and some cars are already all aluminum). They are also looking at cheaper composite construction. So we can atleast expect lighter cars in coming years.
    my ep is white...

i'd say Honda start bringing in clean diesels here now -- ohhh, that i-CTDi engine, and mmm torque

and they should get diesel hybrids in here -- now that will kill gas-elec hybrids

but then again... can you imagine a diesel powered Type-R

Quote Originally Posted by J Mo View Post
    i'd say Honda start bringing in clean diesels here now -- ohhh, that i-CTDi engine, and mmm torque

and they should get diesel hybrids in here -- now that will kill gas-elec hybrids

but then again... can you imagine a diesel powered Type-R
    i would rock the shit out of a diesel hybrid, i dont know why they dont do it here, it would be a pretty awesome car...

i dont give a shit, do a turbo diesel honda 4 cylinder and throw on their hybrid system for the extra torque and range and then performance tune the chassis, throw it in a honda hatch...id rock the shit outta that
    my ep is white...

I would to! But a diesel hybrid makes far too much common sense for it to be a reality. It would probably out sell most any other hybrid hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    They are also looking at cheaper composite construction. So we can atleast expect lighter cars in coming years.
    I have made several composite chassis for ATV's using aircraft ply, foam, kevlar, aluminum, Cf, and epoxy. They were far lighter and stronger than any steel chassis could be.

Car's are just begging for a similar composite chassis!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information