Close

Overall suspension and rim question/debate

First and foremost, I realize that this is not a completely original thread in here but after looking around for a while I still had a couple unanswered questions and, lacking the competence for cars, I decided to just ask my questions in my own thread.

So, I have finally, after a couple years of owning my baby girl, gotten to a point where I have some money to put into her. I wanted to start with the suspension and I bent a rim so I am just going to get a new set (I also need a good source for rims at an actually reasonable price, or used, or anything that doesnt put a set at $1,000). I wanted to put 17"s on her.

My questions then are: What do I need to do to the suspension? I plan on replacing the struts for sure since that is overdue anyways. I was going to get springs to lower her 1.5 inches.
    What about Tein springs? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TEIN-...Q5fAccessories
    Other than this, what else matters? I do want to point out, my specialty is audio and electrical, not so much the performance and maintenance of a car even though my dad is a mechanic. Guess I didn't get the best of the genes.

Oh, and I might as well ask, How does the Password: JDM Power Chamber appeal to you guys. I realize at least that this is in the wrong category but I figure the least you would do is just say "I dunno". Here is the link I've been holding onto for it... http://www.advancespeedshop.com/pass...sk-p-8430.html

Your input is greatly appreciated here. Sorry about my ignorance on the car stuff here but like I said, I have the sound system, not the turbo kit.

hey man, i appreciate this thread, you put some good time into it, rock on.

for the wheels, figure out what style wheel you want and start looking at companies like rota that make decent replicas that you can get for a good price with tires. also keep cruising the classifieds, theres always new wheels going up.

as for the suspension, i suggest getting progress springs, they are a good drop, and will be cheaper than the teins...for shocks, whats your budget...you DONT NEED COILOVERS, so dont listen to people telling you to buy them, they are expensive and you obviously have no use for them. my suggestion for shocks is get bilsteins (expensive but arguably one of the best)...you could also get KYB, those will be good on a budget....dont get tokico, they are junk and the build quality is inconsistent, so theres a good chance you can blow them with regular street use.

the intake ive heard good things, a lot of people will just call it bling, but ive seen real numbers out of it. its good if you have a concern about sucking water through a cold air intake. The only trick with the power chamber is that you will have to relocate your battery either to their special one which puts it below the intake, or you will have to relocate it to the trunk. That said, you say "ihave the sound system" which means, hey, you have a sub, the battery in the back makes your life easy!! HAHA...you may be better off going with an aem V2 intake, or a used one off the classifieds here. though if you like the password jdm one, i say dont worry about the people who will say its stupid and just go ahead and get it....

my biggest advice is at the end of the day do what makes you happiest for the money you want to spend
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Hey man, thanks for the response, it helped me out a lot.
    I do a lot of surfing around on the internet in my spare time and its funny how much I still don't know even about these basic parts. Yeah, I am a little younger so the money isnt really there but it sounds like awesome advice. I saw the Power Chamber and thought it was just damn giant and awesome, but before that I was looking at the aem V2 intake, so good call there. :P
    Thats probably what I'll get. Also, I got a 15 and 2 12's in the "trunk" so there is literally NO space for the battery back there and I am not plunging 300 for the relocator and odyssey battery.

Once again, thanks for the response and ideas, I was glad to see some EP3 members helping each other out. Its all about the love of the car, isn't it.

i have progress springs
    they are amazing man
    you will not be disapointed!

Thread Information