Close

Boost noob looking for opinions

I'm sorry in advanced for posting like noob about this, but can some experienced turbo users give me some thoughts on this?
    http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/pts/1666908696.html
    This seems like a fairly good price for so much. I'm just not sure about that emanage ecu because I know k-pro is the way to go.

Also, another scenario is that I am currently reflashed by Hondata. Will I need to upgrade to k-pro or even downgrade to the stock ecu to work with e-manage or will e-manage work with a reflashed ecu?

that's a solid deal if it's as new as he says...

dump the emanage (you could probably get about $100 for it), get kpro (there should be a discount if you're already reflashed), and get some injectors. good to go.

AND i'm pretty sure there's a "Greddy Turbo" .kal available, so you wouldn't even need to worry about tuning; just make sure you get the right injectors as called out by the .kal file.
    Last edited by danoonez; 04-26-2010 at 10:32 AM.

sounds good, dont get the emanage if possible, yes theres a cheaper price from reflash -> kpro vs stock -> kpro. crsx has a sale for only 300 or less to upgrade. kpro comes with greddy kals. there are 2 for 440s or 550s

seriously what is it whatisthis's Avatar
    if you buy the whole kit and go kpro, you could keep in mind that i'm looking for an e-manage for my other civic. i might be interested in buying it off you.

Quote Originally Posted by danoonez View Post
    that's a solid deal if it's as new as he says...

dump the emanage (you could probably get about $100 for it), get kpro (there should be a discount if you're already reflashed), and get some injectors. good to go.

AND i'm pretty sure there's a "Greddy Turbo" .kal available, so you wouldn't even need to worry about tuning; just make sure you get the right injectors as called out by the .kal file.
    Just the responce I was looking for, thank you very much for the informative reply.

Quote Originally Posted by whatisthis View Post
    if you buy the whole kit and go kpro, you could keep in mind that i'm looking for an e-manage for my other civic. i might be interested in buying it off you.
    I'll keep you updated if I end up buying the kit. If I see the kit and it looks good, I should buy it very soon.

Thanks everyone

I'm picking up the kit in 2 weeks. I'm excited

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    dude .. u will still need a tune.. the kal will keep u running.. but u shouldnt beat on the car with it.. the difference i saw between when i got tuned and when i ran the kal was maaaaajor.. i got tuned at Xenocron.. but there are plenty of reputable tuners.. Kpro is def the shit tho
    Last edited by bdooley; 09-30-2008 at 07:43 PM.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    dude .. u will still need a tune.. the kal will keep u running.. but u shouldnt beat on the car with it.. the difference i saw between when i got tuned and when i ran the kal was maaaaajor.. i got tuned at Xenocron.. but there are plenty of reputable tuners.. Kpro is def the shit tho
    yea that. Need to get tuned. Base map is to just get u running

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    yea that. Need to get tuned. Base map is to just get u running
    u made over 300 with ur basemap fucker lol.. i love ur numbers

upgrade injectors to 550s nd sell emanage on ebay

It's going to be a slow process. I'll pick up the kit soon, upgrade to kpro in a month or so and then buy other parts (550 injectors, better oil lines and any other suggested or needed parts). I'll have to survive on the base map for a while, but I'll get it tuned eventually. I'm starting a F/S thread soon so the e-manage should be in there if WhatIsThis doesn't buy it first.

seriously what is it whatisthis's Avatar
    pm me when you're ready to sell it!

Thread Information