Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY: Coilovers

bump for help?

im doing mine right now and my tie rod boot is torn is this a big deal? also did you get another piece above the spacer? and my tie rod will still not separate from the strut!
    Last edited by thejdm; 10-17-2010 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thejdm View Post
    im doing mine right now and my tie rod boot is torn is this a big deal? also did you get another piece above the spacer? and my tie rod will still not separate from the strut!
    honda sells the boot for less than $4. but it requires a special tool to put on.
    as for the tie rod, just use a pickle fork and hammer away! it'll pop off. just don't be scared.

so i just finished my fronts and i took it for a short drive around the block and noticed it was very bouncy (expected) but there was this weird howling noise coming from what i thought was the top of the strut any answers?

so i just finished my fronts and i took it for a short drive around the block and noticed it was very bouncy (expected) but there was this weird howling noise coming from what i thought was the top of the strut any answers?
    solved the howling lol to low, i was rubbing, but righ now my steering feels really light and almst airy it definetly wasn't like this before.

solved the howling lol to low, i was rubbing, but righ now my steering feels really light and almst airy it definetly wasn't like this before.
    maybe you just need an alignment. & make sure you torque everything properly.

Quote Originally Posted by MBaG View Post
    maybe you just need an alignment. & make sure you torque everything properly.
    gettin aligned in tonight!

didn't get it aligned :(
    Last edited by thejdm; 10-20-2010 at 08:01 PM.

gettin aligned in tonight!

didn't get it aligned :(
    awh haha. well, after i put my coilovers on, my toe was SLAMMED. the steering was very unusual.. but once i got aligned, everything was good to go!

awh haha. well, after i put my coilovers on, my toe was SLAMMED. the steering was very unusual.. but once i got aligned, everything was good to go!
    still haven't gotten it aligned but its howling till is this from alignment? still can't get the lower rear bolt off
    Last edited by LondonEP; 11-19-2008 at 11:59 AM.

still haven't gotten it aligned but its howling till is this from alignment? still can't get the lower rear bolt off
    the lower rear bolt? WD-40 it, & use a breaker bar. i used my lug nut key as a tiny breaker bar, and it gave me enough leverage & torque power.

EDIT: i don't recommend using a lug nut key as a breaker bar, but it was the closest thing that was usable.

ephatch member
    As for the howling its due to the alignment being off.

As for the rear lower bolt if it seized which it probably is you will need a lot of leverage to get it off. Just buy a new bolt from Honda and cut off the existing ones.

alright thanks

i'm using a pickle fork, yet it still does not want to come off.
    Try applying as much pressure as possible with the fork... while it's locked in place tap it with a hammer... tapping should be all you need. The combination of the vibration force and the pressure from the fork will bust it loose... trust me it's doable WITHOUT ripping the boot.

Hey the question about the settings still stands with no reply. Can anyone give us some sort of measurement from the bottom thread to the "ring" for a 1.5' drop... just for a baseline at least sincei t's easier to adjust when the car is up. I'd hate to not do any adjust ment and then find out i have to raise it a full 2 inches just to get it from rubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by epSleepy View Post
    Hey the question about the settings still stands with no reply. Can anyone give us some sort of measurement from the bottom thread to the "ring" for a 1.5' drop... just for a baseline at least sincei t's easier to adjust when the car is up. I'd hate to not do any adjust ment and then find out i have to raise it a full 2 inches just to get it from rubbing.
    uhm. for the fronts, there's 13 threads left that i could go down & i'm about a small 1-finger gap with 17 inch rims.
    i did not count the rears, sorry.

btw, the pickle fork worked. i was just scared to keep hammering.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information