Close

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY: Coilovers

so i still cannot get the back bolts out.

Quote Originally Posted by thejdm View Post
    so i still cannot get the back bolts out.
    are you using a breaker bar? ..

Quote Originally Posted by MBaG View Post
    are you using a breaker bar? ..
    yes should i saw it off now? does autozone have the bolts or honda dealer....

I just put my coilovers on (the front not rear) I didn't use a torque wrench, I just tightened it up real nice.

Does anyone have the torque specs for the front bolts? Or maybe just a recommended amount?

Quote Originally Posted by cjohnst View Post
    I just put my coilovers on (the front not rear) I didn't use a torque wrench, I just tightened it up real nice.

Does anyone have the torque specs for the front bolts? Or maybe just a recommended amount?
    The exact torque spes for the Strut upper mounting nuts are 33ft-lbs

-McTaggart
    Last edited by McTaggart34; 11-09-2010 at 02:08 PM.

Thanks a lot man, I'll go crank down on them and see where I am.

Quote Originally Posted by McTaggart34 View Post
    The exact torque spes for the Strut upper mounting nuts are 33ft-lbs

-McTaggart
    thanks a lot man, i'll crank down on them and see where I am ..

Any tips on getting tie rod back down in the hole? And tightening even though it spins like crazy?

k not to sound stupid but wtf is up with these nuts (the ones at the top that attach the moutn to the strut)... no allen key hole to tighten them with like the stockies. Then it seems the nut only goes down as far as flush with the end of the bolt at the top of the threads like in the photo illustrating the spacer bearing and mount. I'm really not understanding what's up with all the extra threads and how to tighten it down cuz i have no way to keep the shock from spinning.... help please. Or is there supposed to be all that extra thread ? All i know is there is like an inch between the bottom of the nut and the top of the mount and i can't tighten it down ... wtf

Quote Originally Posted by epSleepy View Post
    k not to sound stupid but wtf is up with these nuts (the ones at the top that attach the moutn to the strut)... no allen key hole to tighten them with like the stockies. Then it seems the nut only goes down as far as flush with the end of the bolt at the top of the threads like in the photo illustrating the spacer bearing and mount. I'm really not understanding what's up with all the extra threads and how to tighten it down cuz i have no way to keep the shock from spinning.... help please. Or is there supposed to be all that extra thread ? All i know is there is like an inch between the bottom of the nut and the top of the mount and i can't tighten it down ... wtf
    take your carr off the jack

vice grips will keep it from spinning. or use an impact gun if you're a G [which i do not recommend].

Quote Originally Posted by thejdm View Post
    take your carr off the jack
    Car isn't on jack...strut aren't on the car yet I was assembling it when I ran into this

Car isn't on jack...strut aren't on the car yet I was assembling it when I ran into this
    i tightened them after i put it on the car. if they still spin, use vice grips to prevent that.

popping noise

i installed mine and took it for a drive and when i turn theres a popping noise, it sounds like it is coming from the springs. any suggestions? I guess should also let ya'll know i forgot to put the bearing on, could that be the problem? Also which spacer should i use I have a 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by em2racer View Post
    i installed mine and took it for a drive and when i turn theres a popping noise, it sounds like it is coming from the springs. any suggestions? I guess should also let ya'll know i forgot to put the bearing on, could that be the problem? Also which spacer should i use I have a 2003.
    you didn't put the bearing on? maybe that's causing the spring to be insecure. which coilovers do you have?

i have Rokkor coilovers, which is the same as Racelands.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information