Close

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY: Coilovers

Quote Originally Posted by em2racer View Post
    i have Rokkor coilovers, which is the same as Racelands.
    i need help, i installed my rokkors and my alignment shop said that my tie rod ends had some play in them so they couldnt align it. It was hard to put the tie rod back in and i just put the bolt on just enough to put the cottor pin back in, but apperently it wasn't enough it sits a bit high right now and i can't put it in much deeper, any suggestions on how to get that sucker in all the way?

Did the tie rod ends just slip in or r they hard to get in like mine?

Quote Originally Posted by gamma6 View Post
    Did the tie rod ends just slip in or r they hard to get in like mine?
    i put mine up just enough to put the cotter poin back in. & my alignment shop didn't have a problem with anything.

except for the fact that the toe was really slammed, but they handled that with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by MBaG View Post
    i put mine up just enough to put the cotter poin back in. & my alignment shop didn't have a problem with anything.

except for the fact that the toe was really slammed, but they handled that with ease.
    was it hard to put it in like it was for me? im also hearing some noise and it only appeared after the install of the coils kinda sounds like the wheel bearings r going out but idk, the alignment tech shook my tire and pointed to my tie rod and explained to me as if i had changed them out but i never took them out

Quote Originally Posted by em2racer View Post
    i installed mine and took it for a drive and when i turn theres a popping noise, it sounds like it is coming from the springs. any suggestions? I guess should also let ya'll know i forgot to put the bearing on, could that be the problem? Also which spacer should i use I have a 2003.
    i got the same problem and i put the bearings in any ideas on what it could be

Is there a DIY for taking out the end tie rods?? I'm having problems unscrewing the tie rod to take off the old ones. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Is there a DIY for taking out the end tie rods?? I'm having problems unscrewing the tie rod to take off the old ones. :/
    are you using the picklefork tool to break it loose?

Nice, gonna do mine in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by MBaG View Post
    are you using the picklefork tool to break it loose?
    I got it. I feel stupid. Cousin unscrewed it on his first try. x[
    Last edited by Behemoth; 01-17-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gamma6 View Post
    was it hard to put it in like it was for me? im also hearing some noise and it only appeared after the install of the coils kinda sounds like the wheel bearings r going out but idk, the alignment tech shook my tire and pointed to my tie rod and explained to me as if i had changed them out but i never took them out
    I bought tie rods from Pep Boys, and the cotter pin was a bitch. The castle nut had to be screwed in so damn much, and the treads on the tie rods are shorter... Idk. weird shit. Mines are installed now. :D!

Did anyone else get two front spring seats included? It came with a paper that says one is for before August 2003, and the other is for after September 2004. Both are metal. I'm still unsure of which one I am supposed to use. Any thoughts?

If you're taking about the racelands/rokkor coilovers then yes, it depends on the year of your ep3. 02-03 and 04-05 are different. So use the one that applies to your vehicle's year.

i did my fronts still cant do my back, the rear bolt holding the strut to the control arm is not wanting to budge idk what to do lol i'm problably going to have to cut the bolt on both sides leaving it seized in the strut then just try to knock it out once i get the strut lose.

For people that have racelands/rokkor coilovers how do u like them so far? I know they are a budget coilover and Im not going to be tracking the car its my daily driver. I have stock struts on tein springs. Im hoping they will ride better.

Quote Originally Posted by arejaygsx View Post
    For people that have racelands/rokkor coilovers how do u like them so far? I know they are a budget coilover and Im not going to be tracking the car its my daily driver. I have stock struts on tein springs. Im hoping they will ride better.
    i'm on racelands, and they ride pretty good. i took my car up to the canyons and they ride pretty smooth. they arent all over the place.. but then again, i've never had a $1k+ suspension on my car. i bought them awhile back before they jacked up the price, so it was a no brainer for me to get them temporarily.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information