Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: DIY: Coilovers

Should both sets of tie rods be replaced when installing aftermarket coil overs, inner and outer?

I didn't replace my tie rods after I installed my K-Sport coilovers but I did flip the upper tie rod ends.

If any of the pillows are blown then take advantage of the opportunity to replace them.

After a little bit of research I just went ahead and bought some new ones along with new hex nuts and cotter pins. Still trying to decide if I should replace the bearings in the strut mounts.

I installed these yesterday without much issue.This came in handy,thanks alot.

Quote Originally Posted by G-MaC! View Post
    I'm having the same problem man. We've tried WD40, an impact gun, breaker bar, hammer, chisel, deep creep, and a torch. Efffff. I'm thinking our only option now is to cut it out. Which is going to be alot of work.
    let it soak in PB blaster, or wd 40. if its still being stubborn heat the assembly surrounding the bolt with a torch and tap it with a hammer at the same time. this will make the assembly surrounding the bolt expand and hitting it with a hammer will help break loose any rust. this will also work if some shmuck decided to use locktite on your suspension hardware. Patience my friend, its a bitch sometimes but its better than stripping or snaping anything.

hi dude

if the raceland have lower fitment of the tie rod end, how do you do with the clucking of the steering rack by the position of the inners tie rods?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information