Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

godspeed camber kit

i just ordered sportmax (xxr) rims 16" 0 offset and i was told and researched that i will be needing a camber kit. i ran across some for cheap $60 and they are called godspeed and i wanted to check if they were decent for the price. I have H&R lowering springs and i want to make these wheels fit. Is it a good brand of camber kit to go with? I dont plan to track my car anytime soon or anything just DD.

also lookin to see if this is a good camber kit? looking to drop my car with progress springs and trying to find a cheap camber kit. heres a link for them. tell me what u think. it does come with a 1 year warranty so that is somewat reassuring. here is the link. check it out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GODSP...item35a9c61dce

Usually the camber kits are priced about $150 for ingalls, eibach I think has one, I have the T1R's which were $150shipped back in the day from SpeedStarRacing. To my knowledge certain ones have certain degrees of camber that they can adjust too but I dont think its any significant camber between them. I've never heard of Godspeed but I dont think I've ever heard of anyone really having problems out of a set of camber kits at all and I've been here for awhile. Hope this helped a little.

if this where me id stay away from the ebat kit str8upballer they usually will rust over with time from wut I have seen plus wut u pay is usually what you get and when it comes to suspension id like to know im safe versus not to sure about if it will hold on in the next corner so spend your money wisley but cheap products usually arnt too good just me though

yea wat u get is usually wat u pay for. i just want to drop the ep real bad. im in college so im just always looking for short cuts lol. i live in miami so no real problems with rust here but thanks for the info guys. hopefully someone has bought these and is currently using them with no problems.

IMO I wouldn't cheap out on a camber kit. A full set (front and rear) from SSR or pretty much anywhere else is about $140. Thats not really so bad so I would just save up for the name-brand kit.

Just my .02

godspeed was a local Tuner shop here in Michigan. They went under about 6 years ago, Changed thier name to The Tuning factory, then finally went under in 2008. Not bad when they started but their quality went down hill real fast. I'm sure this is the old owner who still owns the name, or something like that, rebranding OBX or another Cheap make.
    Or not, because there are like a million godspeed shops now.....
    Last edited by Deadphishy; 06-21-2010 at 09:12 PM.

the hell?

dont do it man u will regret it!! with the xxr 0offset you need the best possible camber kit u can buy dont go cheap on this beleive me man i know :)
    besides whats your tire spec and ride height? you might just need a fender roller

The godspeed kit is still made from 10.9 grade steel so they're plenty strong enough, I checked it out before i got em. Time will tell if they rust out or not. Try to only run one camber bolt to avoid slipping

im dropped two inches with H&R springs, i got the 002's and never installed the camber kit, i did have to ghetto roll my fenders (w/ a bat lol) on in the rear. Its not too bad so i decided i made a bad mistake buying them before i ever needed them. I do plan to lower my car, even lower, so maybe in the future ill use them... but with this replys i dont think i will, ill just buy some better ones... :(

Quote Originally Posted by ryan02 View Post
    The godspeed kit is still made from 10.9 grade steel so they're plenty strong enough, I checked it out before i got em. Time will tell if they rust out or not. Try to only run one camber bolt to avoid slipping
    its not just the metal its the bushings too coz if its a cheap rubber bushing ull feel a vibration once it loosens up

Quote Originally Posted by gamma6 View Post
    im dropped two inches with H&R springs, i got the 002's and never installed the camber kit, i did have to ghetto roll my fenders (w/ a bat lol) on in the rear. Its not too bad so i decided i made a bad mistake buying them before i ever needed them. I do plan to lower my car, even lower, so maybe in the future ill use them... but with this replys i dont think i will, ill just buy some better ones... :(
    atleast get some ingalls or spc bro not too expensive but good and definetly lower ur car a lil bit more if u wanna look good with a 16x8 0offset

btw this is just my own opinions :)

True, but at least they wont break completely. I needed a quick temporary fix, when I upgrade suspension I'll probably change them out.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan02 View Post
    True, but at least they wont break completely. I needed a quick temporary fix, when I upgrade suspension I'll probably change them out.
    why not do it right the first time instead of buying parts to replace cheap parts? That saves more money over time.
    Last edited by MugenReplica; 10-17-2008 at 01:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information