Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

5 lug conversion issues

So I just finished my Type S 5 lug conversion and now I've run into a few problems.... it just never ends

1. Everything is bled. But when I go to brake the pedal is super firm and the calipers seem to not be releasing. I've been told that I may need the prop valve from a type s, but I'm unsure.

2. When I was doing the conversion I managed to mangle the ep abs sensors. They've been replaced with type s sensors but the abs light is still there. How do I check the error code for them and how to I reset the light?

My previous thread asked about brake bleeding problems, could they be interfering with what is going on now? link: http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...bleeding-issue

i will stress it again and again, YOU SHOULD USE THE TYPE S PROP VALVE...

check the e brake adjuster on the rear brake calipers, who knows maybe its dragging...

well the shit about the abs sensors, i used type s ones on mine and they dont work, but thats because atleast 2 of them are damaged...whats the condition on yours? to check the codes you will need to goto a honda or acura dealer to read them, it is a seperate port from the ecu...it sucks, it will cost you 1 hr of the dealers shop rate even though they just plug it in...it sucks cuz no one else has the code reader...

i hope this helps...keep us updated please
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

The rears dont seem to be the problem, they spin pretty easily by hand. So it's leading me to believe that whatever is screwing up is in front. I still think the calipers aren't releasing. When all the fluid is bled out of the caliper the piston goes completely in but as soon as fluid goes in the piston goes nowhere.

yeah if i were you just the ep3 abs sensor with a spacer i just a rubber O-ring and it work just fine. the type s abs didnt work with my 5 lug set up, CEL was still on .

Quote Originally Posted by 02CivicSI-VTEC View Post
    yeah if i were you just the ep3 abs sensor with a spacer i just a rubber O-ring and it work just fine. the type s abs didnt work with my 5 lug set up, CEL was still on .
    thats interesting...i need to do some digging on that...

by the way OP what was the condition of your calipers when you installed them, did you rebuild them?
    Last edited by Phildonis; 09-30-2008 at 01:24 PM.
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

I dont have a problem with CEL being on, thats interesting though. My ABS light is on, I want to find a way to reset it, like you'd do with the SRS light. I used washers to space mine out but i guess it wasnt enough. They were eaten by the teeth on the axle =(

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    thats interesting...i need to do some digging on that...

by the way OP what was the condition of your calipers when you installed them, did you rebuild them?
    They werent rebuild. I gave them a once over and they appered fine but what do I know.

My buddy is an ex-honda tech is coming over tomorrow to check everything out. I should also be picking up a prop valve tomorrow.

damn this is scaring me dude!! i'm doing a typeS swap too in like a few weeks to a month and now i feel like is should get the prop valve maybe too? keep us updated please

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    damn this is scaring me dude!! i'm doing a typeS swap too in like a few weeks to a month and now i feel like is should get the prop valve maybe too? keep us updated please
    Dont be scared just make sure your prepared for the worst. Cause if it can happen, it will...Well to me at least. You might be a lucky one lol

Progress update: Cleaned my recaros to work out some frustration...lol letting the system gravity bleed overnight. All 4 corners seem to spin with a little force by hand.

hahhaa foreals dude i'm still putting together my 5 lug so maybe i'll keep an eye on this thread for awhile and see what turns out so i can take precautions for my swap

hahhaa foreals dude i'm still putting together my 5 lug so maybe i'll keep an eye on this thread for awhile and see what turns out so i can take precautions for my swap
    get the master cylinder and prop valve...trust me
    my ep is white...

i will stress it again and again, YOU SHOULD USE THE TYPE S PROP VALVE...

check the e brake adjuster on the rear brake calipers, who knows maybe its dragging...

well the shit about the abs sensors, i used type s ones on mine and they dont work, but thats because atleast 2 of them are damaged...whats the condition on yours? to check the codes you will need to goto a honda or acura dealer to read them, it is a seperate port from the ecu...it sucks, it will cost you 1 hr of the dealers shop rate even though they just plug it in...it sucks cuz no one else has the code reader...

i hope this helps...keep us updated please
    to read the ABS codes it is not a different port than the dlc connector used for reading check engine lights, honda has a portable computer known as the tablet or hds, plugs into the dlc and you can choose abs on the menu than read and delete the codes

i was a mechanic at a honda dealer for 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by RHCP0801 View Post
    to read the ABS codes it is not a different port than the dlc connector used for reading check engine lights, honda has a portable computer known as the tablet or hds, plugs into the dlc and you can choose abs on the menu than read and delete the codes

i was a mechanic at a honda dealer for 4 years
    i was told it was a separate port...regardless, only honda can read it
    my ep is white...

dude we got this in the bag now why are you worried unless you get bad parts like i did with the bent knuckle.

Dont be scared just make sure you have everything and in working condition. Once mines finished it will be one of my favorite mods by far.

Update #2: Gravity bleed all night and day, nothing but 4 little puddles of fluid. Picking up the prop valve and having my friend come over tomorrow to work this out. All 4 corners seem to be sticking...

dude we got this in the bag now why are you worried unless you get bad parts like i did with the bent knuckle.
    haha yeah dude i just want to get everything right and have no downtime because this is my daily and i have school most importantly to get to

Quote Originally Posted by knowgood View Post
    Dont be scared just make sure you have everything and in working condition. Once mines finished it will be one of my favorite mods by far.

Update #2: Gravity bleed all night and day, nothing but 4 little puddles of fluid. Picking up the prop valve and having my friend come over tomorrow to work this out. All 4 corners seem to be sticking...
    nice good progress?

get the master cylinder and prop valve...trust me
    what are the benefits of having the master cylinder and prop valve? if so i might see if the person i bought the 5lug off has those parts too
    Last edited by Andrew; 04-29-2010 at 12:03 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information