Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK.. What Next?

Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    i figured i'd post my sheet up so you can take a look at it, i would run a solid climbing boost line all the way to rev limiter and i would peak at 7.8psi, but as for everything right now, i think i may just do a 3" exhaust and the ported TB and inlet casting and see where my gains are, i would get retuned obviously. And i'll leave it like that for a while. I'd imagine those mods could see an extra 10whp or so, in the top end, i'd say 5800-limiter, no?
    The TB and inlet casting should show gains pretty much across the board. To see the MOST from the TB and inlet mod you would need to be tuned for sure, but unless you just want to see individual gains for that mod alone, youre kinda throwin $ away that could have bought your cams and 4 EX rockers for ya. The OEM a2 cam and rocker swap with the TB and inlet mod combined would REALLY be worth tuning for. Wouldnt you like to see a combined 30-40whp increase?

I dunno if you do all your own work or not, but dont shy away from installing the VTEC killer cam setup. It does come with a few things you should do "while youre at it", like timing chain replacement and checking the condition of your TCT... but changing those things really save you from potential costlier repairs down the road, and should be done as a maintenance thing anyways.

There IS discussion about changing valve springs when you swap the cams, but a few still use the stock k20a3/k24a1 valvesprings and so far... with no issues. Me personally, i would change them at least to OEM s2k springs. Again, to err on the side of safety. If you need pix or info on whats needed to make the Killer setup work, hit me up. Theres a couple of guys on here that have done it, several on k20a.org, and have nothing but good things to say about it. My personal setup isnt in the car yet, and the head is prepped but in pieces, but it wouldnt be a big deal to assemble it so you can see what you wanna see. Just LMK.

Quote Originally Posted by BlownSi05 View Post
    Can I bring my Stang to run?

Damn I would love to take a ride in that car...lol I can only imagine how fun that thing is!

Edit: Sorry about thread jacking
    Yeah, he doesnt have the TQ a k24 has with the JRSC, which isnt actually a bad thing in his case, but 5krpm and up is retarded. It doesnt stop pullin. Even with the ITR tranny/LSD, it still TQ steers in 4th, having to lift a little to keep it under control. Trust me, it pegs the speedo QUICK Not Weltall quick, but pretty damn quick. lol

I say vtec kill it... Ba has alot of info on it and I used alot of it as well haha... If your trying to get the best bang for your buck stay with oem parts and add the meth kit plus a retune. Im sure you would be happy with the results. I also see 270-280 very possible with the use of a2 cams.

On a side note I used a2 intake springs on the intake and exhaust... but you will also need the a2 seats to make them work.
    Last edited by 02TWSI; 09-30-2008 at 03:55 PM.

soooo should i do the meth first? or do my tb/inletcasting/3.7plly/3" exhaust first then get meth later

we have pretty much the same setups.... and my next step is prob water/meth. 570. scranton area? When you leaving for Calisle? cause my and my homie are gonna be comin right thu on 81 around 3ish on friday if you wanna roll. but were stayin in harrisburg friday, so well break off early.

Quote Originally Posted by skoolnu View Post
    we have pretty much the same setups.... and my next step is prob water/meth. 570. scranton area? When you leaving for Calisle? cause my and my homie are gonna be comin right thu on 81 around 3ish on friday if you wanna roll. but were stayin in harrisburg friday, so well break off early.
    yea but im prolly going to run either 100% meth, or C16 through the kit. 570 as in milford, matamoras area, but i have to pass through scranton yea, but im leaving earlyyyy as hell. my crew likes to haul ass, im not down for that. so im leaving early with 2 kids with short gearing and were cruising 65 :)

Would be sick if you installed aftercooler, I don't think it has been done on EP3.

Quote Originally Posted by &REY View Post
    Would be sick if you installed aftercooler, I don't think it has been done on EP3.
    I don't think it's possible with an EP3 manifold. Another guy on here is in the process on a DC5 manifold and so am I. I won't finish it till probably August though.

im green!!
    subscribed! i'm looking at getting a jrsc-r real quick here, and this is so helpful! ... i wish i was as smart as ba82ep3

I have a small percentage of the knowledge you can find here on EPHatch. lol Ive been busy with summer semester and havent had the time to get on here much anymore...

you need watermethanol kit with that thing and slap 3.7" jrsc pulley. end of story!!!

Why can't you go 3.4" the RSX guys do it on the even larger k24 crank pulley. Should be close to 300 then I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by speedking604 View Post
    you need watermethanol kit with that thing and slap 3.7" jrsc pulley. end of story!!!
    i knowwww :( just the meth alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Civic View Post
    Why can't you go 3.4" the RSX guys do it on the even larger k24 crank pulley. Should be close to 300 then I would think.
    ehhh i dunno, my blower would prolly explode from being overspun, thats a lot of spinning

The blower is the same m62 so with the 3.4 and our crank pulley the blower spins at like 13,500. Miata owners with the m62 blower have been spinning it to 20,000. I would only go as high as 15-17,000.

You would need to spray or have an aftercooler because you probably wouldn't make more power with all the heat you would produce.

Tomorrow im gonna put the new 2.4 accord crank pulley on, im hoping to be around 10psi. im using the 3.8 with a older k24 CP, making 8.5psi at 8,500. desperatly need watermeth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information