Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Autopower roll bar / roll cage install pics

Anyone have any install pics of the autopower roll bar/cage?

In particular the mounting points and trimmed rear panels?

I dont have pictures, but i have the cage installed in my car. You have to cut a significant chunk of the plastuc rear quarter panel passanger area to gain access to the wheel wells where you drill through and mount the cage. The feet of those bars are curved to match the curvature of the wheel wells. As far as the main hoop mounting point, it sits flush against the step up to the rear seat bench.

Could you maybe snap a couple pictures of the 4 mounting points???? I would be GREATLY appreciative.

mesa want to see pics too.

me toooooo

SOOOOOOOOOPERIOR sent me some cell phone pics..... I'll upload them later.

Thanks again dude!

when you going to post up the pics?

:yeathat:

I'll post my pics once I'm done.... hope to install this weekend.

nice my friend Hung has this roll cage in his ep.

yes see in the first picture how much unnecessary cutting I did.. dont do that lol. The problem I had was I was installing this while not removing the rear black panels, which made it hard to not only drill the holes through the wells, but to even torque down the screws. I would suggest doing some precise measurements, take out the plastic panels, do the cutting with a dremmel, install the roll bar, then put back the panels to see how it fits (make the necessary cuts for the precise fitment you wish to obtain) then from there you can torque down the screws/install the panels back.

also ... the hardware that comes with the bars are good however over time (because I daily drive my car) the nuts became loose and some even lost. Buy some nut washer locks, never ran into the problem again.

does the foot come with the cage? hahahaha
    can you take a pic with the seats down? I'm thinking of getting the Mugen rear bar and what to see it it'll hit it.

What color you powdercoat it? I hear the coat that comes from Autopower is CRAP! as you unwrap it, it takes the paint with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SOOPERIOR View Post
    yes see in the first picture how much unnecessary cutting I did.. dont do that lol. The problem I had was I was installing this while not removing the rear black panels, which made it hard to not only drill the holes through the wells, but to even torque down the screws. I would suggest doing some precise measurements, take out the plastic panels, do the cutting with a dremmel, install the roll bar, then put back the panels to see how it fits (make the necessary cuts for the precise fitment you wish to obtain) then from there you can torque down the screws/install the panels back.
    Ya that's my biggest worry, looks like you don't need to trim much to clear the cages back legs..... however to get the drill in there is going to be a pain ha. I have the entire rear interior out except for those panels and they don't seem that easy to remove.

Should be picking the cage up in the next day or so, I'll post pics of the color then. Should be fairly obvious with the 'look' of the car what color it's going to be haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    I hear the coat that comes from Autopower is CRAP! as you unwrap it, it takes the paint with it.
    The black finish that it came with actually really good. Had a couple minor scratches on the bar and the feet were kinda beat up but it was alright.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information