Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    That's all well and good if you're making a strictly race-only car, but frankly he wouldn't daily drive that car anywhere with that much modification. And how much weight do you think all that tube steel is adding? We're not talking about OMFGBBQ uber racecar roll cages here, just a little added protection in a rollover. BTW according to Autopower, their Race Roll Bar meets SCCA organization rules for "most" vehicles (see Appendix C of the SCCA rulebook).

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted-X View Post
    That's all well and good if you're making a strictly race-only car, but frankly he wouldn't daily drive that car anywhere with that much modification. And how much weight do you think all that tube steel is adding? We're not talking about OMFGBBQ uber racecar roll cages here, just a little added protection in a rollover. BTW according to Autopower, their Race Roll Bar meets SCCA organization rules for "most" vehicles (see Appendix C of the SCCA rulebook).
    lol when i think of a roll over i think a little past the "oh i simply just pushed my car over on its lid" type of sanario. You will be traveling at a great speed if your car was to roll over, so do you really honestly think that its really that safe? Yes SCCA has these autopower cages aproved but for what type of racing?? Are they weld in type or the bolt in type? All i know is if i wanted something safe in a roll over situation and still keep it as a daily car i would go the cheapest route and get a proper rear section welded in by a professional that meets all types of racing rules. Also if you decide to go even further and want to track only the car you can always weld in more.

-Rob

You'll find the Autopower bolt in cages primarily in the showroom stock class cars. Where they meet the minimum requirements.

the Cusco cage with its bent forward bars do not meet SCCA or NASA specifications. (due to the bent bars)

I wouldn't put the Cusco in any car because it's not safe on or off track, but the autopower (even bolt in) is safe and will hold up in a roll over at speed. Obviously a full custom weld-in cage like the one shown on the last page is going to be better than a bolt in made to fit with a full interior, but the autopower bolt in is still a good cage and I would trust it. Plenty of people have shown rollover pics with that cage and it did what it needed to do.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1788507

Quote Originally Posted by Zzyzx View Post
    You'll find the Autopower bolt in cages primarily in the showroom stock class cars. Where they meet the minimum requirements.

the Cusco cage with its bent forward bars do not meet SCCA or NASA specifications. (due to the bent bars)
    So basically auto-x events and some light track events (meaning not competition)???

-Rob

The Autopower bar in this EG seemed to hold up well.
    If I were to get a bolt in bar, I would think about adding some plate steel to where it bolts through the floor. Check out what happened to this Mustang.

Quote Originally Posted by 27rocks View Post
    So basically auto-x events and some light track events (meaning not competition)???
    We can argue semantics all day long, but if NASA and SCCA (who have pretty stringent guidelines as far as racing safety) approve it for open road racing and club racing it's because it's safe for the track. You're not going to go any faster during a full blown racing event than you are during either of those, car for car.

Quote Originally Posted by 27rocks View Post
    There is a reason why cages like this are not allowed in racing. They are simply not safe! So unless your cage looks like this VVVVV you are wasting your time and money and adding weight to your car. I'm not hating on you guys just trying to give you some safety heads up.
    Courtesy of Christians (Hondafreak) car i took pics of.

That is legit cage!!!!!!
    Last edited by stepintoliquid; 12-03-2008 at 08:30 PM.

ephatch member
    autopower cage $400-$500

custom build cage like that one...$2000 + ??? if money is not a problem i would go with the custom build one as well...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information