Close

Makin it rain

Couple of noob questions

First, If i got rc 440 injectors for my jrsc, do i need these obd2 clips http://www.phearable.net/shoppingcar...lips-p-89.html

Second, I have stage 1 turbo cams, do I install them or sell them since im going supercharged?

Third, do i use this belt to run the 3.8 pulley Goodyear Gatorback Belt (Part #4070622)

LAST, I have 45k on my stock clutch, should I use it til it goes or replace it with my rsx s flywheel/cc stage 2 clutch I have waiting?

JRSC is on its way as well as injectors, can't wait!

ephatch member
    Your are going to need obd1 injector clips.

2nd you can leave them you might have better results with boost cams.

3rd if you use that belt you better get a 2.5" tensioner pulley, thats what am using with a 3.7 pulley(same belt) no slipping

4th unless you feel like pulling the trans, you can run that clutch for a little while. but you would be wise to replace it soon.

GL and have fun with the blower.

Makin it rain
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyEP3 View Post
    Your are going to need obd1 injector clips.

2nd you can leave them you might have better results with boost cams.

3rd if you use that belt you better get a 2.5" tensioner pulley, thats what am using with a 3.7 pulley(same belt) no slipping

4th unless you feel like pulling the trans, you can run that clutch for a little while. but you would be wise to replace it soon.

GL and have fun with the blower.
    Curious, why would I need obd1 clips? Also my cams are stock, I just picked up turbo thinking I was gonna turbo but the guy never got back to me so I got JRSC. Will definitley run the tensioner for that belt and I didn't feel like pulling the tranny right away so thats good for the stock clutch.

Thanks man

You need clips for the 440's, and stock clutch is fine. I have ran the stock clutch for 40K miles being supercharged, with the k20a3 and the k24a2, holds up just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstop View Post
    First, If i got rc 440 injectors for my jrsc, do i need these obd2 clips http://www.phearable.net/shoppingcar...lips-p-89.html

yea you will need OBD1's, just clip them off an old harness from a junk car

Second, I have stage 1 turbo cams, do I install them or sell them since im going supercharged?

research this a little. because people are telling me the overlap on a turbo cam isnt right for a supercharger and that it would be better to us N/A stage 1's, or you can be the test mule and see what happens!!

Third, do i use this belt to run the 3.8 pulley Goodyear Gatorback Belt (Part #4070622)

you can but most people have had slippage problems with it, i have a gates micro-v at K080615, yup, an 8 rib, trim off the one rib, and your gold, not even a lot of tension on the belt, and no slippage, so its easier on the snout of the blower

LAST, I have 45k on my stock clutch, should I use it til it goes or replace it with my rsx s flywheel/cc stage 2 clutch I have waiting?

bro, i clicked 98K last night racing a H2B EG hatch (check on the road section for vids) and my stock clutch is holding perfect, handles the rediculous wheelspin through 1st and 2nd on my 225 BFG Gforce T/A like a champ!

JRSC is on its way as well as injectors, can't wait!
    All in all, you wont regret it. It's fun, reliable, and cheap!

Makin it rain
    then supercharge away!!!

Thanks guys!

Makin it rain
    also no rsx s tensioner pulley on that belt 04EP3Hatch ?

Makin it rain
    not really wanting to cut wires,looking for conversion clips

Quote Originally Posted by shortstop View Post
    not really wanting to cut wires,looking for conversion clips
    well yea i have the 2.5" idler on the tensioner, sorry forgot to mention that. But conversion clips are nice, but i was super pressed for time, and hella antsy, so i got out the clippers lol

Makin it rain
    gotcha, i just picked up an ebay set of conversion clips. About to order the belt (probably should get 2) and the pulley and I should be set.

Makin it rain
    got everything except the belt. 04ep3hatch are you runnin the 3.7 pulle with your belt number you gave me? Thats what I got, thought it was a 3.8

Thread Information