Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ephatch member

Need some opinions and info on log manifold vs sidewinder

My goal for my car was 500hp or close to that i planned on tracking it a good amount its also my DD but now since im really busy with school and my job it seems like im not gonna be tracking it that much and it seems like alot of power to barely even be using it,

So im trying to decide if i should save some money and just buy a log manifold or should i go with the sidewinder what do you guys think the turbo that i have is a garret gt30r what kind of power would i see from the log manifold

thanks

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    peakboost kit.. its been done time and time again.. guardian has peakboost and u can talk to him about it and what it takes.. mitch and weltall used fullrace sidewinders.. all the mentioned folks made over 500.. but u gotta have another car.. this cant be ur daily

ephatch member
    yea this is my only car not really gonna be looking for another one anytime soon dont have $$ i already have the gt30r was gonna piece the kit together, would u have an idea how much power i would be putting down with a log manifold im guessing 400-430 ish does that sound right

Something New.... mitchep3typer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    peakboost kit.. its been done time and time again.. guardian has peakboost and u can talk to him about it and what it takes.. mitch and weltall used fullrace sidewinders.. all the mentioned folks made over 500.. but u gotta have another car.. this cant be ur daily
    I actually have a custom T1 sidewinder, not going to mention price. I made 499.9 with a log manifold on e85 with a good tuner, full race fmic, custom piping and a gt3082r w 3" exhaust. If you get a really good turbo and fmic along with a SS log manifold. Mixed with a good tuner and good fuel you should do great.

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchep3typer View Post
    I actually have a custom T1 sidewinder, not going to mention price. I made 499.9 with a log manifold on e85 with a good tuner, full race fmic, custom piping and a gt3082r w 3" exhaust. If you get a really good turbo and fmic along with a SS log manifold. Mixed with a good tuner and good fuel you should do great.
    my deepest apologies.. i forgot u'r T1 certified lol

Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    my deepest apologies.. i forgot u'r T1 certified lol
    no sweat I just love the fact that we compared mine to a full-race and The rusults were not close with the same turbo. I would think Peakboost, and full-race would be just fine for 600+ though.

ephatch member
    hey i dunno if this is a stupid question what is a ss log manifold is that a brand if so who sells them

thanks

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Ur gona need a beater. 500hp ep3 isnt gona be a DD

Quote Originally Posted by rusty#1 View Post
    hey i dunno if this is a stupid question what is a ss log manifold is that a brand if so who sells them

thanks
    stainless steel I cant seem to find them for sale but looking.....http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?p=30413044

stainless steel I cant seem to find them for sale but looking.....http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?p=30413044
    http://www.tdautowerkes.com/main.htm call these guys I think they make one for a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    Ur gona need a beater. 500hp ep3 isnt gona be a DD
    I DD mine from 300whp-500whp, then 10k of all highway to and from work with the 660whp set up with a/c still..........

I do not dd it anymore.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    I DD mine from 300whp-500whp, then 10k of all highway to and from work with the 660whp set up with a/c still..........

I do not dd it anymore.
    sooo ur tellin me with 300whp-500 u were driving ur car through rain and snow? I couldnt imagine u gettin far

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    sooo ur tellin me with 300whp-500 u were driving ur car through rain and snow? I couldnt imagine u gettin far
    Yes I drove it in the rain pouring rain, and snow....im in tx, id just stay at home that day if that was my only car. Just because a motor makes 600@ xxpsi does not mean your making more than 180whp cruising on the highway. Thats the beauty of a turbo car, boost = hp, cruising= no boost. A honda will drive like a honda out of boost.

ephatch member
    i see alot of ppl selling log manifold for 100$ prob gonna pick one up

seeing your from chicago and summer is right around the corner id go ahead and do this then find something for the winter to drive. you know how chicago can be in the winter. look at 2 winters ago the roads sucked really bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information