Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mp_02si View Post
    sorry bro I cant really point you to a place online where you can buy it. I sell the products here but am not allowed to ship liquids via ups anymore. I dont know why but the new District manager we got wont let us do it. By the way on that price quote you got did that include materials or was it all labor? That sounds like it includes materials with the labor.
    yeah that includes material
    I just gotta make sure they are using stuff mentioned here

well just talk to them bro and ask them to take you thru a step by step process of wat they will be doing to your car. Also dont be afraid to stop by and check out your car while its going thru the different stages. Im not saying to bug the hell out of them but show your concern in the whole process.

ppg or house of kolor

thanks for the input guys
    Ill definitely be dropping the car off for paint
    $5500 is a reasonable price for a show quality paintjob
    I actually got a significant discount off the original asking price of $7500 so Im good to go

cool keep us posted on the final job.

Quote Originally Posted by skoolnu View Post
    I shoot Dupont where i work. We switched from PPG. Those are very good brands. Nason and Omni are Dupont and PPG's cheaper versions. I think R-M is a bitch and a half. Ive never had to tint so many colors in my life with that crap. Glasurit is a very good brand, but $$$. I shot my car with all Dupont products. Chromapremier base and clear. I used the Dupont 72500s clear, which is there high solids clear. My paint came out amazing, But like doug said, and ill say too being a painter... its all in the prep. If you can see it while its in primer. its really going to show once you clear it. My car was primed and block 3 times before layin my base. 3 coats of clear. DAed with 600 and shot 2 more wet coats on. wetsanded with 2000 and buffed. now that shit is so flat and deep to where it looks like your soul is 50ft in the paint. all in the prep. and spend the money on clear. high solids only, dont settle for less. the 72500 set me back 430 for a gallon.
    Hey bro or anyone else knowlegeable
    where is a good place to buy the Dupont 72500S high solids clear and dupont chroma premier base? Will i need anything else besides base and clear? 1 gallon of each should be good right?
    Quote Originally Posted by nmysiismyn View Post
    Ecclesiastes 1:9
    "What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun."

-King Solomon

Midori on the EP? Don't know how I feel about it..

Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

as long as I like it then its ALL GOOD

BUT BACK TO THE REASON I BUMPED THIS THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by skoolnu View Post
    I shoot Dupont where i work. We switched from PPG. Those are very good brands. Nason and Omni are Dupont and PPG's cheaper versions. I think R-M is a bitch and a half. Ive never had to tint so many colors in my life with that crap. Glasurit is a very good brand, but $$$. I shot my car with all Dupont products. Chromapremier base and clear. I used the Dupont 72500s clear, which is there high solids clear. My paint came out amazing, But like doug said, and ill say too being a painter... its all in the prep. If you can see it while its in primer. its really going to show once you clear it. My car was primed and block 3 times before layin my base. 3 coats of clear. DAed with 600 and shot 2 more wet coats on. wetsanded with 2000 and buffed. now that shit is so flat and deep to where it looks like your soul is 50ft in the paint. all in the prep. and spend the money on clear. high solids only, dont settle for less. the 72500 set me back 430 for a gallon.
    Hey bro or anyone else knowlegeable
    where is a good place to buy the Dupont 72500S high solids clear and dupont chroma premier base? Will i need anything else besides base and clear? 1 gallon of each should be good right?

-King Solomon

just primer it looks like.

u can buy this stuff at any body shop supply place. look around the auto mall, or just walk in and ask the shop what they use, they might sell you what they have. They will usually tell you that you need reducer and sell/mix it for you so its RTS (ready to spray) - you can always ask for a quote too, and shop around for a better price.

one thing i do is call my insurance company or a friends and ask them who they would recommend to go to, as they usually back those shops up for the good work they produce.

I haven't been in the booth for a long time now, so I don't really remember what you all need, but usually the clears need a catalyst to harden, and you add it right before you spray, otherwise it would harden in the cup or in the gun.

theres additives for the primer to keep the paint flexible on plastic bumpers and stuff too. alot of clear is awesome, as long as they let it flash off correctly. it will help keep the scratches from reaching the paint, but will be a pain in the ass to blend if you get a big repair done.

um. i think thats it.
    if u have anymore questions just PM me. I'll see what I can do.
    Last edited by AKEP; 02-03-2011 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    just primer it looks like.

u can buy this stuff at any body shop supply place. look around the auto mall, or just walk in and ask the shop what they use, they might sell you what they have. They will usually tell you that you need reducer and sell/mix it for you so its RTS (ready to spray) - you can always ask for a quote too, and shop around for a better price.

one thing i do is call my insurance company or a friends and ask them who they would recommend to go to, as they usually back those shops up for the good work they produce.

I haven't been in the booth for a long time now, so I don't really remember what you all need, but usually the clears need a catalyst to harden, and you add it right before you spray, otherwise it would harden in the cup or in the gun.

theres additives for the primer to keep the paint flexible on plastic bumpers and stuff too. alot of clear is awesome, as long as they let it flash off correctly. it will help keep the scratches from reaching the paint, but will be a pain in the ass to blend if you get a big repair done.

um. i think thats it.
    if u have anymore questions just PM me. I'll see what I can do.
    Tnx bro

these are the kinds of responses that are helpful...LOL

tnx

-King Solomon

no problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information